Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mom and Dad!!!

We went to Woofstock for a couple hours on Saturday afternoon. It was neat to see, but we didn’t want to stay too long. There was a band playing and there were several food and craft booths set up. It was neat. Our favorite part was seeing all of the dogs. There were some little American Bulldogs there for adoption. I held one and seriously didn’t want to put it down. So cute! The rest of the weekend was pretty low key, which was really nice! I am finally reading the newest Nicholas Sparks book and I really enjoyed reading lots during the weekend! Julia and I went for a long bike ride to Kmart (3 miles away) on Sunday. It was a great ride and we totally enjoyed taking our time wandering around a huge store! Hehe!

The week at IDC (Island Dolphin Care) has started out great! I really enjoy the therapy sessions! We have 4 kids this week, so we are busier! There are always 2 interns assigned to each kid. Julia and I get to work together and are sooooo happy about it! For the morning sessions, I help the therapist and write notes afterwards. Julia takes pictures. We switch roles for the afternoon sessions. It works out perfect and we have lots of fun together! I think we have both decided we went into the wrong profession. We should definitely have jobs as dolphin trainers! Hehehe!!! Dolphin assisted therapy just might always be my dream job. At least I get to experience it for a month. This is seriously a dream come true. I just can’t explain the feelings and emotions of working with these children in this atmosphere. They just light up! So do their parents! It’s absolutely amazing!

I have awesome news!!!!! My parents are coming to visit this weekend! I am sooooooo excited to see them! They have a long drive and I feel bad about that, but WOW it will be great to have them here! I am excited for them to get to meet Julia also! She’s a wonderful friend!!! Pete at IDC helped me to get a better hotel rate for Mom and Dad. Hotels are super expensive here! They will be staying very close to our apartment, so that’s great!

Mom and Dad, have a safe trip! Can’t wait to see you! LOVE YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment