Monday, April 4, 2011

Madame Tussauds/London Eye/Sea Life/Legoland

Phillip and I had a GREAT weekend! I really enjoy spending weekends with Phillip! I feel like I see him more now than I have for a long time…it’s AWESOME!!!!! :-)

The first picture is one that we just think is funny! Every bottle of alcohol has this symbol on it! Kind of neat actually! :-)

Saturday, we went with Ricky and G (also an AUC student – she started clinicals here today) to London! We did something crazy the night before though! We all bought Merlin one year passes. They cost us 129 Pounds each! Yikes!!!! They get us into multiple attractions in and around London for a whole year though. We can go to each place as many times as we want! We also get 20% off of food/drinks/souvenirs at these places and discounts on guest passes. Saturday, we went to Madame Tussauds, rode the London Eye, and went to the Sea Life Aquarium! Those would have cost us over 50 Pounds per person! That’s a good start toward the use of our passes!!!

Madame Tussauds is a wax museum. They have life size wax replicas of tons of famous people. You can walk right up to them, touch them, and have your picture taken with them! Pretty cool!!!! We enjoyed having our pictures taken with some of them!!!

The London Eye was amazing. It’s a HUGE ferris wheel! It is 443 feet tall and sits right by the Thames River! Each capsule holds 25 people, which means the ride holds 800 people total!!!! That’s insane! The views of London were amazing from up there! We would really like to ride it in the dark sometime so we can see all of the city lights! We definitely plan to ride this again, so that’ll help us get our money’s worth also!!!

Next, we went to the Aquarium. It was awesome too! We saw tons of cool fish, some turtles, rays, and sharks! They are supposed to get penguins in May, so we’d like to go back sometime to see them!

We made our weekly Tesco grocery shopping trip that evening before taking a taxi back home. This may sound silly, but it’s great even just grocery shopping with Phillip. That was always something I had to do without him in St. Maarten!




























Sunday, Phillip and I went to Legoland in Windsor!!!! (That was included with our Merlin pass too – otherwise, would have cost 34 Pounds to get in!) We had a blast there too! It’s an amusement park but probably meant more for kids! (That’s ok – I think everyone knows we’re both really just kids at heart!!!) There are several rides – all meant for kids and adults, so nothing too scary or fast. The rides all said not recommended for pregnant women though, so I didn’t get to ride! :-( Phillip rode a water ride like Raging Rapids from Holiday World. It was really neat! He is in the pic where it looks like the dragon is going to eat the riders! He got to ride a “roller coaster” and a laser shooting ride too. He liked them!

Legoland is really fascinating because of everything built from legos in the park. The size and design of everything is amazing! They have everything from life size people to huge dinosaurs and animals to miniature versions of cities from around the world. Incredible!!!! There are over 34 million lego pieces in their park! Neat!!!

(Since I mentioned Holiday World – I just have to tell that Phillip and I talked about Holiday World again on Sunday since the ride reminded us of there. We are soooooo sad that we’re going to miss Holiday World again this summer! This will be the 3rd summer we have missed going there because of living out of the country!!! Our thoughts on Holiday World are hard to describe – We both absolutely love that place!!!! A summer is just not complete without at least one Holiday World visit!)





















No comments:

Post a Comment