
The Royal Wedding was Friday morning! Prince William and Kate Middleton got married and all of England celebrated! It was even a “bank holiday,” which means that the med students got a day off from the hospital! So Phillip and I took a train into London to see all of the chaos! We watched the wedding on a huge TV screen from Green Park. There were so many people there that the police closed the park and wouldn’t let anyone else in after awhile!!! Hyde Park was where we intended to go, but we heard it filled up even sooner, so we were glad we stayed at Green Park! We spread out a blanket on the grass and watched with thousands of other people! People were waving British flags and having a great time! It was estimated that there were a million people on the streets of London to celebrate the Royal Wedding! It was truly a fun experience!!! After the wedding, we went to the British Museum. It’s a free museum and is really neat! Our favorite was the Rosetta Stone!!!! The original is there, along with a replica that people can touch. It was fascinating to see! Phillip really liked the whole Egyptian section, especially the mummies! They creeped me out a little! Haha!!! Yesterday morning, we met Ricky and G and went to Chessington World of Adventures! It’s an amusement park, zoo, and aquarium all in one! It was a beautiful day, which made it even better! They rode several cool rides and really enjoyed them! The first was a roller coaster and each cart (that holds 4 people) spins too! I’m not allowed to ride any rides since I’m pregnant, but I seriously had fun watching the people and loved watching that ride specifically! I found a good place to wait and loved laughing at the people’s reactions as they flew down that first hill while spinning! Some people smiled, some laughed, some screamed, some cussed, and some just sat there like they were terrified! I would have been laughing! (Ricky screams like a girl!!! Haha!) They also rode a roller coaster that hangs so your feet dangle, a laser shooting ride, another smaller roller coaster (reminded us of the old Fire Cracker from Holiday World), and then Phillip rode a ride by himself because the others weren’t brave enough! This ride held 40 people at once and would spin you upside down multiple times!!! Twice, it held all the riders forward, face first into a waterfall!!!!! Phillip loved it and was so glad he rode it! It was fun to watch him on that one!!! I videotaped the whole ride…it was over 4 minutes long! We also enjoyed walking through the zoo and the aquarium. Fun day! Today, Phillip and I took the train into Windsor and did a little shopping for a couple last minute things we wanted me to be able to take home with me. We found something I’ve been looking for! I really wanted to get a onesie that said something about Mum or Mummy on it! They had lots of them at Tesco around Mother’s Day (which was April 3rd here), but they were all pink or blue so we didn’t know what to get! We found a 3 pack today – one says I love Mum, one says I love Dad, and one is just striped. They are super cute and we got a good deal on them at a store called H & M. Apparently that’s a chain in the US too, but we hadn’t ever heard of it before! Tomorrow will be a long day, but I’m excited for it!!!! I’m flying to the US!!!! I have to get up around 5:00 am and leave in a taxi by 6:00! I get to Evansville at 5:45pm, which is 11:45pm my time! I’m going to be worn out, but it will sooooo be worth it! Mom and Dad, I can’t wait to see you tomorrow!!!! Family and friends – hope to see you all soon!! :-) Love you all!!!
You went to H&M?!?! We are just now FINALLY getting one in Denver. They are a Sweedish chain store(if I remember right) so only have stores a few places in the US. Sounds like you've had some fun times! Wish we were going to be able to see you! I miss my seester!
ReplyDelete