OOPS, ok so I’m definitely a slacker lately when it comes to the blog!!!!! Friday morning I went on the walk again, then studied. Phillip had his last classes for the semester, then studied. Saturday morning Julia and I went to Grand Case for sea glass!!!! This is still one of my favorite island activities. By the time we leave here for good, I’ll probably have so much sea glass that we won’t know what to do with it all! Hehe! Then I studied the rest of the day. Phillip studied all day. Sunday I baked cupcakes for the Spouses Org bake sale! I took them to school around noon along with a lunch that I packed for Phillip so he didn’t have to waste time coming home! I studied all afternoon, then went to church with Julia that evening. We picked up Subway on the way home and I took it to school too! Poor Phillip was stuck there all day! But he said he got a lot done, so was really glad! Monday was Block 4!!! He was so happy when they were over!!! We went to Bubble Tea for lunch that day! I had been wanting to try it for a long time! They had great sandwiches and I had the best smoothie/slushy type drink ever!!! It had fruit on the bottom and they give you a big wide straw to drink it through. Delicious!!!! We also paid rent while we were out and picked up sodas at the small grocery store nearby. (I’ll explain the sodas in a minute…) We came home and relaxed the rest of the day. We also started PACKING!!!! Can you tell we’re a little anxious to get home?!?!? We packed clothes and books that we decided we don’t need here anymore. We also packed the Christmas presents that we bought here. We have 1 suitcase and one rolly carry-on bag packed and ready to go!!!
Tuesday morning, Phillip went to school to study. I studied some here and then got our bags ready for our afternoon diving trip!!! Chris (owner of Octopus Diving) called to see if we could get their dive video from the AUC library. (It belongs to Octopus Diving, but they keep some in the library for students to check out. It makes it a lot easier so the students don’t have to drive across the island to get the DVD to watch before getting certified.) Anyway, I’m not allowed to check things out of the library since I’m not a student. So Phillip had to do it. He was at school anyway, so went to the library to try. Well, they were only going to let him check it out for 2 days! Chris needed it for longer than that. Phillip explained who it was for and explained the Chris owned it anyway, but they still wouldn’t let him. He would get fined if he had it out longer than 2 days! So Chris called the library and told them that one of his “employees” (me…ha!!) would be coming to get it. They agreed. I wore my Octopus Dive shirt and went to get it. The lady still gave me a hard time, wanted to put me in the system and make me check it out. I explained AGAIN that Chris owned it and needed it back for a few days, so I wasn’t checking it out…I was just getting it for him. She finally understood and let me have it! GEEZ!!!!! After all that, I had to rush to fix us some lunch and we finished packing our bags quickly! We picked up Alicia and ended up arriving there way early…there was no traffic at all! Figures! Everything is the opposite of what you expect here! Anyway, diving was fun! They took us to Anguilla for an exploratory dive!! It was fun. We saw a little sea turtle and a little sting ray! They were both so cute! The boat ride was ROUGH!!! I was very glad for my seasick patch! Even Phillip and Alicia took some seasick meds to make sure because Chris had warned me how rough it would be! We were fine though, thank goodness! It made for a fun boat ride! Our second dive was at Chris’s Reef. Sally named it for Chris because he discovered it. It was definitely different…there were car parts down there with coral growing on them! Too funny! There were fish everywhere!!!!! We also saw lots of lobsters! They were cool. Most of them have a purplish tint…very neat! After diving, Phillip and I were both sooooo worn out! We seriously went to bed at 8:30 and slept 12 hours each!!!! It was wonderful!!!
This morning, Phillip headed to school around 9:00. I was just headed into the bathroom to shower when the power went out! Sooo another shower in the dark! Then I headed to school too! I wanted internet so I could work on my paper. Plus I had told Phillip I would go around 10:00 anyway to take those sodas that we bought on Monday. We bought 54 cans of soda…a variety of coke, diet, sprite, mt. dew, and a few dr. peppers! Phillip and Alicia are now in charge of the Path lectures!! I don’t know exactly how to explain it, so bear with me please! Once a month, several of the professors get together with the students and give a scenario. The students get to try to figure out what the issue is. It’s good practice! Anyway, Phillip and Alicia are in charge of ordering and picking up the pizzas and taking a cooler with sodas. (They’ll get reimbursed from one of the clubs.) I took all the sodas and Alicia brought her big cooler. We got ice from the cafeteria and then walked to Pizza Dan’s for the 15 pizzas! Power still wasn’t on at home yet, so I kept studying there while they were in the lecture. They brought me a Dr. Pepper and a slice of tomato basil pizza that they knew I wanted to try. They set them aside to save for me since I helped them! SWEET!!!!!! Any day that includes a Dr. Pepper is a good day! And the tomato basil pizza was awesome! I headed home soon after to work on my paper again. I was very happy to find the power back on! It was off for 3 hours!!!!
It was raining off and on most of the day and I seriously thought it would spoil my late afternoon tennis plans! I was supposed to play tennis with an AUC professor!!!!! It cleared up just enough that we were ok to play still though! I met him on campus at 4:30 and he drove to the courts. I had no clue that these tennis courts even existed, but they’re actually very close to the path we walk on during the spouses’ morning walk! I couldn’t believe it! (It’s members only though…he had a key!) Well, I warned him that I hadn’t played forever! Good thing I warned him because he beat me big time! I wasn’t absolutely terrible though and I was still able to run him around a little! We played one set and he beat me 6-3. I was out of breath, hot, and completely worn out after that set. Sure was good exercise though!!!! And apparently I wasn’t bad enough to totally bore him because he suggested we play again next week! We’re going to play Monday at 4:00. Nice! It would be great if we’d play once a week or so next semester!!!!
I got home from tennis and needed to shower and cook dinner. Well…no power again! That eliminated cooking dinner as an option so I took another shower in the dark! Both of my showers today were in the dark! Ridiculous!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment