Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the prayers for my dad!!! They worked! :-) He got out of the hospital Tuesday evening! The tests showed a red spot that could have been a bleeding ulcer. It wasn’t bleeding anymore, but they thought it could have been bleeding and had already healed! They didn’t find anything else wrong and his blood count was staying steady so they released him! (He was told at 7:00am that he’d be released as soon as the doctor came to see him. The doctor didn’t see him till 4:30 that afternoon! Yikes…looonnnngggg day waiting! I don’t think he was very happy about it! Sara and I joked that it’s a good thing they still had him attached to the IV and everything or he probably would have ran out of the place!!!) He is doing much better and told me today that he had more energy than he had in awhile. He just hadn’t realized before that he was wearing out quicker than usual. Soooo glad he’s doing ok! I was really scared!!!!!!

I started doing something again…something I’m really excited about! I went on the morning walk Monday, Tuesday, and today!!!!! It was so nice to go again! I hadn’t been in a LONG time! I had forgotten how much I like that walk. I can’t think of a better way to start the day than exercising and hanging out with friends! I just feel better afterwards! (OK, well maybe not till after the shower…it’s HOT on that walk! I come home covered in sweat! Hard to believe when I know it’s like 35 degrees at home!!!) I studied Monday and Tuesday after the walk. Wednesday, I subbed all day, then came home and worked on another paper! This morning I finished that paper and then met Willow at the pool for the afternoon! It was soooo nice and refreshing…actually a little chilly in the water at times! It was great hanging out with Willow…it had been too long!

Phillip has been super busy studying! Block 4 is Monday!!!!!! That means that tomorrow is his last day of classes for this semester! Exams Monday and then a week to study for finals, which are the next Wednesday! Can’t believe this semester is almost over!!!! He wasn’t feeling great earlier in the week, but is pretty much over it now. He never got too sick, but was mostly super tired! He got a couple of extra naps in, which helped! Lots of Airborn and cold medicines certainly didn’t hurt either!

I am now halfway through my 9th class, which means I am halfway finished with my PhD!!!!! Very exciting! Unfortunately, the last half won’t go near as fast as the first half. But I’m still pretty excited to be this far along! WooHoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment