Sunday, November 29, 2009

Prayer Request for My Dad!!!!

I subbed again Friday. I had easy classes…too easy actually, I was bored out of my mind!!!!

Saturday certainly wasn’t boring though…I was planning to study that morning, but the electricity went out for over 2 hours! So I watched a movie on my laptop instead. Then I organized all of my card supplies because I had another card class scheduled for 3:00. I planned to leave here at 2:30 to go set up for it. I had everything ready by 2:00, except me. So I went to shower, and discovered that we had NO WATER! Just great! So I somehow managed to wash my hair by pouring two 2 liters of stored water over my head. That was interesting! (I have no clue what I was thinking, waiting till the last minute to shower! It became an extra deodorant and perfume day instead!!!!) It was pretty funny though because as the girls arrived, most apologized because they hadn’t gotten to shower either! Not too many places do you hear everyone saying, “I’m sorry if I stink…” Only here! The card class was a lot of fun! 7 girls came and most made Christmas cards. Some of them weren’t able to go to the class I had last weekend, so said they were excited that I had another one!

I came home to bad news though. Mom called, saying that Dad was in the hospital. I have to admit, I freaked out! I was ready to change my plane ticket right then and jump on the next plane out of here! I hate living so far away. Sure, the ocean, palm trees, and weather here are amazing, but nothing makes up for being so far from family! Dad’s hemoglobin blood count was down to 7 (supposed to be 14) and basically wasn’t producing enough oxygen for him! He dropped even lower to 5.8 at one point! Scary! So they gave him blood last night to try to get it back up. I was able to talk to him on the phone at the hospital yesterday though, which was great!

I forced myself to get busy this morning and do laundry. I did seven loads and was so tired I could barely carry them upstairs afterwards. It gets soooooooo hot in those laundry rooms!!!! I had told Mom to call and leave a message as soon as she heard anything about Dad. She did. (Phillip gets phone messages in his email, so can listen to them while studying at school.) So he got the message, then went outside so he could call on the island cell phone and fill me in. I was super glad to hear that he was up to 8.8! Moving in the right direction at least! I was so glad to get home and call Dad! He said he was feeling better already but that they were giving him more blood still. They have tests scheduled for tomorrow and Wednesday to try to figure out what the exact problem is! (Poor guy, I think he’s already tired of just sitting around!!!!!) I did hear something that made me laugh though… “Most people with a hemoglobin count of 7 would be home laying on the couch, not out chasing deer!” (Dad was hunting Friday evening when he first realized something was wrong!!!!)

I realized today how grateful I am to everyone who has ever given blood. I guess it just never really hit home till it was my DAD needing the blood!!!! I am ashamed to admit that I haven’t ever donated blood. I would like to now though, and hope to next month while I’m home!

I went to church this evening. It was soooo crowded, a sure sign that high season is upon us! There were tons of tourists there! (And it was very obvious because they all left church before the final song was over!!!!) I came home and made pizza for dinner. Yum! Phillip has been studying at home this afternoon and evening. He’s not feeling very well. He is taking airborn! I sure hope it helps and he doesn’t get this cold/flu or whatever very bad, especially since exams are a week from tomorrow!!!

To anyone reading this, prayers for my dad are appreciated!!!!! Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment