Kristy’s flight arrived right on time on Tuesday! It was so great to see her!!! We came back to the apartment to just hang out for a bit, then drove to the French side and explored some little shops. Then we headed back to the casino by us and ate dinner at Sugarcane Café! Yummy! That evening we packed our bags for Saba for the next day.
Yesterday we got up super early, finished getting ready for diving, and picked up Alicia and Bryan at 7:30am. We had to check in at 8:00 for the ferry even though it didn’t leave till 9:00. The ferry was interesting…the water was soooo rough! We felt so sorry for the lady behind us who was sick most of the trip! Yikes! Thank goodness for my “seasick patch” or I would have been too! We met Hilary as soon as we docked in Saba. She quickly got our gear, took our payments, and we headed toward Big Blue, their dive boat. First dive site was a pinnacle. We went down 98 feet!!! It was really hard to believe how deep we were. It didn’t feel that deep at all! It was such as amazing dive! I spotted a little nurse shark as soon as I got down there. Phillip was impressed that I saw it so quickly! We saw 3 eels, 2 sea turtles, and tons of colorful fish and coral. My favorite part came when the dive was almost over! We were headed back up and all of a sudden I heard this sound, kind of like a whistle! I was really confused at first, but kept hearing it. Then I absolutely couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw 7 dolphins swimming toward us! They stayed in their pod, never left each other’s side! They swam by us on one side, looped around, and swam by on the other side too. They were beautiful and so graceful. Everyone was so excited. Even Hilary, our dive instructor, was so excited that she was squealing and clapping her hands underwater! We couldn’t believe our luck! Everyone was excited and talking about it after the dive. Hilary said she had never seen dolphins while scuba diving before. She said that was truly a once in a lifetime experience. How amazing that we just happened to be in the right place at the exact right time. I owe a bunch of thank you’s to God for that one! So amazing!!!!! The second dive was fine too…but nothing will ever compare to that first dive yesterday!
After the dives, we stopped in a restaurant and ordered lunch to go since we didn’t have much time till the ferry left. We ate lunch on the ferry while enjoying our free ferry sodas! The ferry ride home was pretty rough too! We were all so worn out after diving. We cooked a spaghetti dinner and just chilled. Phillip headed to bed super early. I think he needed to catch up on sleep from the past few nights still. Kristy and I walked to BB’s for a beer, then sat by our pool and enjoyed the evening! It was so nice out!
Kristy and I stayed home and relaxed this morning. I actually wrote a paper…fun huh? Phillip met us this afternoon after classes and a meeting and we all went to Philipsburg for the afternoon! We went to several stores and just enjoyed goofing off and hanging out together! We called Pizza Dan’s on the way home and stopped to pick it up…perfect timing! He had just pulled the pizza out of the oven when we got there! Nice!!
(Hope you enjoyed the pics! A couple of them really made us laugh. Poor Phillip with his crazy facial hair!!! He was so busy studying for exams that he didn’t even take time to shave for a few days! Hehehe!! And then goofy me with my hand above my head trying to tell Phillip I had found a shark! He later admitted that he knew exactly what I meant, but played clueless just so I would do it again, so that he could get a pic! Haha!)
No comments:
Post a Comment