Thursday morning I woke up with a sore throat and cough…and it all went downhill from there! Thursday evening my temp went from 101 to 103.2 in the time span of a couple hours! Luckily a bunch of Tylenol, a cool shower, and many prayers later, my temp started going down! (I admit I was starting to freak out a little because going to the hospital here is just not an option…we’ve heard way too many horror stories about this hospital!!!!) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were still awful though! I felt like crap, had no energy, and had the worst sore throat I’ve ever had! I even gave in and went to the doctor Saturday morning. He told me, “it could definitely be swine flu, same symptoms.” But he didn’t bother to test me or give me Tamiflu! He did prescribe a painkiller though, to help with my headache and fever. He suggested honey and lemon for my throat and said to drink lots of orange juice! So I walked to the pharmacy to get my painkiller. Then I drove to Food Express, the little grocery store nearby. I picked up bananas, 2 boxes of orange juice, several cans of soup, honey, 3 lemons, and 2 monsters for Phillip. (Monster = energy drink…he likes to drink them during the weekends right before blocks)
I attempted to drink orange juice when I got home, only to discover that it made me feel like my throat was on FIRE!!! It was soooo painful! I searched online and discovered that you’re supposed to heat up water, then add honey and lemon. Oh my gosh…it tasted and felt so good!!!! I drank a ton of that stuff Saturday and Sunday! The painkillers definitely helped my headache too, which was great! Saturday night, I couldn’t sleep. I started coughing like crazy, just like I do most years when I get really sick! Luckily, I had medicine still from last year. It has hydrocodone in it and I was soooo happy when it totally knocked me out! I slept the majority of the next 14 or so hours and it was wonderful!!!! (I believe I watched 9 or 10 movies during those 3 days when I just didn’t have the energy to do anything! That was fun at least!)
I slept on the couch the past 4 nights. I should say love seat…our couch is definitely not long enough to stretch out on!!! But I didn’t want to take any chances of getting Phillip sick right before exams, so was trying really hard to stay away from him. On the bright side, if it really was Swine Flu, he shouldn’t be able to get it again since he had it in June!
Phillip’s exams were this morning! What a relief to have them over!!!!! We went to the bank afterwards, to pay rent. Then we had lunch at McDonalds!!!!!! We stopped at a little grocery store afterwards to stock up on sodas. We splurged on something else too…we bought ice cream!!!! We bought ETNA – it’s made in St. Maarten! Apparently it has something in it that makes it not melt as quickly! Interesting…
This afternoon, I started feeling tons better!!!! We even went for a walk to the beach this evening! It was great to get out for awhile. We are looking forward to tomorrow! Kristy, Phillip’s sister, is coming to visit for a couple weeks!!!!! It is great timing since it is right after exams. Plus Phillip has the day off on Wednesday because it is St. Maarten Day! So we are looking forward to some fun adventures with Kristy!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment