Monday morning, I slept in and did some things around the apartment while Phillip was in class. We all met back at the apartment for lunch and then Kristy and I baked a cake! Yum! We walked to school that afternoon so she could buy an AUC sweatshirt. They have nice shirts! Then Phillip and I waited at school for a class to end. We were waiting to meet with the professor, who had agreed to see me. He’s an allergist from the US! We were excited to hear that it’s definitely not a fungus that I have. He says basically that it’s no big deal, nothing serious, and not contagious. It’s just a skin condition that is worse here because of the heat, humidity, climate, etc. He believes that I am allergic to something that I’m coming in contact with also though! That makes it worse and harder to diagnose! Seriously wonder if it’s sunscreen that I’m allergic to!!! Anyway, at least it’s nothing serious and I’m not growing fungus on my back and stomach!
Kristy decided to go for a swim that night. It was windy and a little chilly, so I wasn’t about to join her in the pool, but did go lay on one of the lounge chairs and watch the stars while she swam. It was really nice out…even a little cool! She said the water wasn’t too bad, but said the beers that she’d just had at the bar before going to the pool, might have helped that!
Tuesday morning, we went back to Little Bay to snorkel for sand dollars. The water was clear this time…hooray! We saw lots of cool fish and even found some neat shells, but NO sand dollars! Not a single one! We usually find tons there! We decided it must not be “sand dollar season.” We went grocery shopping afterwards since we were already in Philipsburg close to the grocery stores! I’m glad to have that done again! Then we ate lunch at BB’s. We both got the bbq chicken meal. It came with Caribbean rice and cold macaroni salad. It was sooooo good!!!!! It only cost $5.00 during lunch hours too! Super cheap, especially for around here! The can sodas were $1.25 though…but they had Dr. Pepper!!!!! That makes me super happy!!! It was a great lunch!!! They had another meal that Kristy wanted to try, so we decided we should go again right before her flight! We spent part of the afternoon in the pool, but then it started raining again and got sort of chilly, so we gave up on the pool pretty quick!
Kristy packed this morning and then we walked to Mullet Beach one last time before her flight. We met Phillip for a quick lunch at 12:30. We got BB’s again. Phillip and I tried the fish and chips. The fish and chips lunch special is $7 and the drinks are $1.25. Our total should have been $16.50, right? NOPE – it was $19.25. I really didn’t understand that! And it was not good at all!!!! Figures! Kristy tried another chicken meal and really liked it. At least hers was good! We only got to spend like 15 minutes with Phillip because his lecture before lunch ran late…till 12:40. And he had class again at 1:00. Ugh, quick lunch! Then Kristy and I came back home and loaded the car with her luggage. I checked online for her flight status right before we left…
We got to the airport at 1:30 for her 3:15 flight. We walked in and the first thing I noticed was the board with the incoming flights with Charlotte flashing “delayed” in red letters! Uh oh…delayed 4 hours! NOT a good sign for her flight. Sure enough, her flight was also delayed 4 hours!!! UGH!! So we checked her luggage anyway, and headed back home for awhile. She was scheduled to leave at 7:15, but they moved it back again to 7:54…ugh!!!! What a pain!! Kristy said she kept saying she didn’t want to leave and one of the guys at the bar last night said be careful what you wish for. Guess he was right!
So back to the apartment for the afternoon!!! Kristy killed a little time at the casino. We had leftovers for dinner and then Phillip went with me to take her back to the airport again around 6:30. Her flight was scheduled for 7:54. I dropped Phillip back off at school on the way home so he could study again this evening. We looked online a little later and saw that Kristy’s flight actually took off at 7:30!!! The plane landed here at 7:02…that had to be a record to unload, load again, and take off within half an hour! Crazy!!! Poor girl has to stay in a hotel in Charlotte tonight and then fly to Louisville tomorrow morning. I know from experience that it’s not much fun, so I feel sorry for her!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment