Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sushi???












Yesterday, Kristy and I went shopping in Philipsburg!! We had a lot of fun and spent too much money! :-) We ate lunch at Kangaroo Court…love that place!!! Last night, Phillip took a study break and the three of us went to Tantra, a night club above Casino Royale in Maho. Wednesday is ladies’ night! They have free sushi, champagne, and apple martinis! Phillip had been wanting to go see the place on a normal night (the only time we had been there before was for a school function) so decided he’d check it out with us. He was also a good sport and was our driver!!! We had heard it opened at 10. We got there just a few minutes after 10. A worker told us they weren’t open yet, but that they’d open in a few minutes. That FEW minutes turned into an hour and they finally opened at 11:00!!!! An hour late…ridiculous!!! By that point, we were hot and grumpy, but so glad to get inside!!! They searched the guys with a little wand metal detector! They just looked inside the girls’ purses…didn’t search the girls! I thought that was hilarious! Kristy and I each got a glass of champagne. I was so excited…I love champagne! Well…this stuff was disgusting!!!!! We quickly switched to an apple martini…equally disgusting…tasted like mouthwash!!! Hilarious! We were really glad we hadn’t paid money for that crap. By this point, we decided sushi may be a good idea. I’d never had any sushi before so Kristy told me that California rolls were a safe bet! (I was excited…I knew Tina and Willow would be proud of me for trying it!) The guy gave us each 3 rolls. It was actually pretty decent! The stuff (ummm I forgot…is it wasabi???) that they put on top of it is HOT! Holy crap, I had toooooo much of it on one of mine and everything was on fire, even my nose burned!!!! Too funny! We realized afterwards that we forgot to take pics of our sushi and decided to go back for seconds. This time, I was a little braver and let the guy convince me to try one of each…another California roll, a vegetarian roll, an avocado one, and a TUNA one! I was really not so sure about the raw fish, so only took a little bite from that one. At least I can say I tasted it! The others were all pretty good though! The California roll was definitely the best. The seaweed is inside the rice on that one…I think that made it more appealing! After the sushi, we decided we’d try another apple martini. We got a really nice bartender that time. He actually made us real apple martinis instead of just pouring us a glass of the premixed crap that we had the first time. He even put a cherry in it! It was really good! We had fun exploring and taking pictures of the nightclub. It sure is interesting in there!

This morning, Kristy and I went to Marigot to the market. I splurged and bought a pair of garnet earrings. I’ve been eyeing them for months! The stones are from St. Maarten and a local guy makes the jewelry…I think that is cool! I bought a tiny pair for my second hole. They were only $25, so I didn’t think that was too bad! They are so pretty! I’m excited to wear them for Christmas!!!! Then we stopped at Sarafina’s and bought rolls and pastries. The pastries are for breakfast tomorrow morning. We used the rolls for turkey sandwiches for lunch! So good! Kristy and I went to put gas in the car this afternoon and planned to go to the resort pools afterwards. Thanks to the construction, it took FOREVER to get to the gas station! AND it started pouring almost as soon as we left the apartment! We decided to forget about the resort pools and came home after finally getting gas. That adventure took almost an hour…just to get gas! How pathetic is that?!?!? We ended up jumping in the pool here though, even though it was raining! It was fun! Then we met Phillip at Pizza Dan’s for dinner this evening! Kristy and I shared a curry pizza! It was soooo weird, but really good! Some girl walking past our table commented to her friend, “Why do I smell Indian food?” Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment