Sunday, November 1, 2009

November?!?!?











I seriously cannot believe it’s already November!!! Now we can say we get to go home NEXT MONTH!!!!!! Hooray!!!! Can’t wait!

Thursday night was awful! Phillip and I both had a hard time falling asleep for some reason and then once we were finally asleep, the electricity went out and woke us up. Ugh! Friday morning came really early! Phillip got to take a nap after classes at least. I was subbing, so couldn’t. But I did have caffeine!!! Subbing Friday was actually a lot of fun!!! Almost everyone in the whole school was dressed up! (kids and teachers!!) I had high school classes, so got to pass out candy to the little kids! Grades K – 6 went trick or treating in the classrooms of grades 7-12! How cute is that?!?!?

Yesterday was a ton of fun! I was super busy getting everything ready though! I started late morning by baking a cake. Or at least I tried to…I got everything mixed up and the electricity went out. Never fails! So I put the cake mix aside and hoped it would come back on soon! Then I opened the bag of mini marshmallows and filled 29 little zip lock bags with marshmallows. Then I taped on the little ghost poop signs and put them in a bag by the door.

As soon as the electricity came back on, I baked the cake. I only have one round cake pan, so have to bake half of the cake at a time! (What a pain but I am stubborn and refuse to buy another here! We don’t want to buy anything else that we don’t have to!) I finally got the cake baked and set it aside to cool.

Then I started making spiders!!!! We made these last year for Halloween and loved them! You take 2 ritz crackers, put peanut butter in between them, stick pretzels out the sides, and use a little bit of peanut butter to “glue” the m and m’s on the top…SPIDERS! Too cute!

Then I iced the cake, put Halloween sprinkles on, and put orange and brown peanut m and m’s around the side. (I picked out all the orange and brown ones from a bag Phillip’s parents had given us…hehe!) It was 4:37 by this point and I had to leave at 5:10!

I took a super quick shower and was ready and carrying stuff to the car at 5:00!! Luckily I had made a list earlier, or I’m sure I would have forgotten things. I had also made a pile by the door of most things. My list of stuff to take: cake, paper plates, plastic forks, knife, book for Phillip, ghost poop, spiders, camera, and our costumes! I got the car loaded and was on my way to AUC by 5:10…nice!

Phillip met me at the car to help carry stuff. I dropped off the spiders at the Spouses Org Halloween Party! The party didn’t start till 6:00, but several of them were in there setting up. Then I met Phillip in the cafeteria, where a bunch of people were meeting for Emily’s birthday! Halloween birthday…how fun! It turned out great with over 20 people there!! Everyone loved the cake and I think Emily was really excited that we did that for her! It’s hard to celebrate birthdays/holidays away from family. At least Phillip and I have each other! I can’t imagine being here ALONE!

After the birthday celebration, Phillip went back to study and I went to the Halloween Party. It was a pot luck dinner. It was good! I saw lots of kids eating my spiders and several adults too! :-) The party was so cute! I loved seeing all the kids dressed up! Several adults dressed up too! (I was an angel…hehehe!) There were games and prizes and goody bags for the kids. They had so much fun! Then they had “trunk or treating” for the kids! Everyone gave out candy from the trunks of their cars! Such a cute idea! Phillip met me for this part! We really enjoyed hanging out and seeing all the little kids. We were beside Josh and Danielle and couldn’t believe it when we realized Phillip and Josh had the same costume!!!!!! They had the same pirate hat and eye patch. Josh had a sword and Phillip had a hook…they each commented on the other one…like “oh man, my wife didn’t buy me that part!” Cute! Danielle and I were definitely thinking alike when picking out costumes…small and easy to bring here! Phillip went back to study for a couple more hours after trunk or treating. It was a good night!

I was talking on the phone to my parents after the party. When Dad found out I had dressed like an angel, he said, “I’ve never seen an angel with horns before!” And then this morning, Sara asked me if I got struck by lightning since I was dressed like an angel. Apparently they don’t think I’m an angel…I can’t imagine why?!?!?!? Hehehehehehe……. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment