Sunday was a lot of fun! The Spouses Organization reserved the multipurpose room and I had a card making class! 11 girls signed up, but only 8 could make it. (I think the others may try to come over next week to make the cards though.) It was a lot of fun! Everyone got to make 2 watermelon cards that say “thanks a melon” on them, 2 wedding cards, and 2 baby cards. The baby ones were shaped like onesies. So cute! It was a lot of fun! Afterwards, I went to church with Julia and we got McDonalds on the way home! I called Phillip while we were driving so he could meet me at home. He beat me home even! He was sooooo excited to get McDonalds!!!!
Monday and Tuesday, I subbed all day! I had Math and Computer classes. It wasn’t bad…I even got to study some! I started a Statistics assignment there Monday and was able to finish it there Tuesday AND start another there Tuesday! Nice! After subbing, I went grocery shopping with Willow! We were gone for 2 hours and 40 minutes! That’s actually faster than usual…it normally takes right at 3 hours. Grocery shopping is such a pain! We were super excited to have food choices again though! I hadn’t been shopping for 3 weeks! I was the most excited about fresh veggies, fruits, and real milk! Box milk is just not the same…
Monday evening, I was walking down the stairs and Clip (our silly little cat that hangs out on the balcony) started to follow me. There’s a little window with bars on it in the “wall” of our stairway, so you can see in/out, but no one can get through. Anyway, all of a sudden, Clip started squealing, making the funniest sound and then she ran and jumped through the window! I ran out the gate and around the wall, hurrying so I could try to see what Clip was doing! I couldn’t believe it! There was another cat there and they were rubbing noses and rubbing their faces all over each other! As soon as I walked up, the other cat took off running. I was pretty sure it was EARS! Remember Ears? Ears was the tiny little kitten that used to follow me around and then a guy across the street took her in. Then he let her go again and took her in again. Well…he definitely let her go again! She came up to our balcony with Clip that evening! Another cat tried to follow and Clip scared it off. But Clip wanted Ears there! It was soooo cute! We got a closer look and Phillip agrees that it is definitely Ears. That poor cat never did grow into her ears…they’re still huge! Haha! She comes with Clip every evening now. It is so cute to watch them playing together! They follow each other around and even lay down right beside each other. So sweet!
Yesterday, I finished my 15th Statistics assignment and did my final! I was so excited to have it done!!!! I seriously did not enjoy that class. The first half of it wasn’t so bad, but the last half…yuck! Glad it’s over! Hope the next class is better…I started reading for it today. I have 6 chapters to read before I can do the first assignment. The class starts on Sunday, which means I could post my first assignment on Sunday if I have it done. That’s my goal!
I also “played” with my stamping stuff today. I made 30 little signs to go on the top of zip lock bags that will have mini-marshmallows in them. Hehehe! I am hoping to pass them out to the kids at the Spouses Org. Halloween party on Saturday. I’m going to wait till Saturday to open my marshmallows and fill the little bags though, so they stay fresher…
I checked the mail today and couldn’t believe what I saw! There were 2 cards in the mailbox! One of them was a birthday card from Sara, my sister!!!!! I checked the stamp to see the date she mailed it. It took 2 months and 11 days to get here!!!! How crazy is that?!?!? That definitely broke the record! We thought the birthday card from my parents took a long time…and it was only around 2 months! Well that’s only half of what is so funny! Phillip and I also got a Thanksgiving card from my parents!!! My mom mailed it 7 weeks before Thanksgiving since things have been taking almost 2 months to get here. It got here in exactly 2 weeks! We couldn’t believe it got here so fast! Just goes to show…you can’t count on anything around here!!!!
Phillip also got a package at school today! His parents got the Old Chicago Mini Tour Halloween T-Shirt and mailed it to him! He was sooooo excited to get it and can’t wait to wear it on Saturday. It’s really cool…it even glows in the dark!!! :-) So today definitely sets the record for the most mail we’ve received in one day! One way late, one way early, and one right on time! Hilarious!!!!
By the way...the pic of the 2 silly cats looking in the window at me...I just now took that. I'm sitting on the couch working on my blog and that's what I saw then I looked out the sliding glass door onto the balcony. They just sit and look in, watching me! Too funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment