Wednesday = study day. Thursday = study day. Ok boring huh?!? Thursday was kind of funny though. I spent 2 and a half hours working on a Statistics project that morning and just could not figure it out! I was so frustrated! Phillip helped me with it during his lunch break and had the whole thing figured out in about 25 minutes! I didn’t want to bother him because he has enough to do, but wow was I excited and grateful for his help!!!! I did 2 other Statistics assignments that day and was able to do them alone, thank goodness!
Yesterday morning I wrote a paper. That was my last paper for class number 7…only the final left! Hopefully I’ll finish it soon! Then I met Willow and we spent the afternoon at the pool! It was great! That was my first time swimming in a month! Hard to believe! The water felt absolutely amazing! I attempted swimming laps, but the goggles made my eyes sort of burn and I didn’t want to make my eyes worse, so gave up on that quickly! (My eyes are still swollen every morning, but not very bad and it goes away within a couple of hours.) I really enjoyed my time with Willow at the pool!
Phillip came home from studying at 4:45 and we drove to Grand Case to meet Sally and Chris. They are the owners of Octopus Diving, where I got certified to scuba dive! They had contacted us about being in charge of a new club. Octopus Dive Club! They are going to try to plan monthly activities and plan them right after exams in hopes that more students will be able to attend! They discussed night dives, exploring new sites, shark dives, beach clean ups, and even going to other islands. They just got a new boat and are ready to put it to good use! We are very excited about the Octopus Dive Club! (We met them at Calmos Café and had a drink while talking. It was fun! They are about our age and they got married the exact same day Phillip and I did. How cool is that?!?!?)
It was dark when we headed home around 7:00. Phillip was driving and all of a sudden we heard the loudest “BOOM, BOOM!” It scared us so bad that it took us a few seconds to realize what had happened! We got EGGED!!! The eggs were dripping down my window! They hit so hard that we can’t believe it didn’t break the window! We got really lucky!!!!! It was so gross though…the window was totally covered in egg slime. EW! So when we got home, I started dinner since it was so late already and Phillip went downstairs with a trashcan full of water to wash it off. UGH! Crazy kids…
This morning, I checked over my baby shower list and made sure I had everything packed for the games and prizes. Willow and I were in charge of games! Willow, Julia, and I went to Hetal’s apartment around 3:00. The shower started at 4:00. There were around 30 people there!!! Our games went pretty well, I think! At least I hope everyone liked them! The first one was a “quiz” where each person had to match candy names with baby items, baby phrases, etc. The second quiz was baby food jars with the label off so everyone had to guess what the flavor was! (That is way harder than it sounds!) For the third game, each person had to cut a piece of pink yarn however big they thought Alicia’s belly was! That was pretty funny…most people guessed way too big! I used Mary Kay items for the prizes! One was a hand cream, one was an eye shadow quad (4 colors in one little case), and one was a mini shower gel and lotion set. Fun! There was a lot of good food too! It was fun to see everyone, especially since I don’t really get out that often lately.
We heard some bad news today though! We heard that students were robbed on the golf course road. We do not know the details, but think it happened during the day! Usually stuff like that happens at night! So I may be avoiding the golf course road for awhile, especially if I’m by myself! (Avoiding the golf course road pretty much means not going anywhere at all!!!)
Phillip told me a funny story tonight! He came home for dinner while I was still at the baby shower. When he left to walk back to school, Clip followed him! She followed him pretty far down the street and he realized she wasn’t going to give up. It was dark and he didn’t want her to get lost or hit by a car or something, so he turned around and walked her back home! He got to the gate and Clip ran up the stairs toward our balcony. Phillip used that chance to sneak away, but didn’t get too far before he heard her crying! He felt guilty and went back to talk to her. He finally managed to get her to stay. Too funny! I teased him for playing a trick on Clip and making her cry! Hehehe!!! She came back later this evening for another visit and then fell asleep on our balcony. When Phillip came home, she was ready to play! I couldn’t resist taking some pictures. :-)
The cereal is just something that was on sale last time I went shopping, so I thought I’d try it. It may seriously be my new favorite cereal now! It has granola chunks with chocolate pieces…yummy! I baked the cupcakes Monday morning during Phillip’s exams and arranged some in a smiley face! They were waiting for him when he came home after exams. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment