Well, I have been completely avoiding the blog. I didn’t have anything good to say, so figured shouldn’t say anything at all. The past few days, I’ve been pretty much miserable! I woke up with swollen eyelids every morning. My “fungus” was spreading all over my body. I did nothing but study all day again Monday and Tuesday. I got a ton of assignments finished, so that’s great news at least!!! Wednesday, I had a headache all day and I’d just had enough…of everything I think. So I avoided everything and watched a movie on my computer! I watched “Marley and Me.” I had wanted to see it for a long time! It was such a great movie! It was incredibly sad though and made me cry…which made my headache worse. Figures!
Yesterday morning, I paid rent! (The ATM machines finally started working and I was able to get rent money in time! Thank goodness!) Then I went grocery shopping in Philipsburg. During the drive, it suddenly went from bright and sunny to DARK and gloomy. Then the cars coming toward me were wet and a couple minutes later it was POURING! It made an already yucky drive even worse! I went to Cost U Less and Grand Marche. Then I stopped at Ace on the way home and bought an air purifier! We had a couple at home and loved them!!! So I figured it sure couldn’t hurt me here either. (It gets rid of pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold, etc. in the air.)
I have to admit, I was wondering something while driving. I was wondering why on earth anyone would ever choose to live here. Sure, visit here…it’s beautiful! But why LIVE here?!?!? (ok, we have a reason to be here…I meant more like the rich people who CHOOSE to live here!) Dad loves teasing me about this, and I can’t blame him! My dream for years was to live on the ocean! Turns out, it’s not that special. You can only go to the beach so often! And I try not to spend that much time in the sun so that knocks out constant laying out, which of course would be fun, but would get old too. So anyway, maybe living on the beach isn’t all I thought it would be! (or maybe I’m just bitter right now!!!!)
I got home, only took time to put away the frig/freezer stuff, fixed lunch, loaded up the laundry baskets, and went to school to do laundry. I bought new detergent! I had switched to Gain a few months ago because it’s so much cheaper. Yesterday, I bought TIDE again! Figured it’s a possibility that I’ve developed an allergy to Gain??? So I washed clothes, sheets, towels, and even some of my clean clothes that I thought I may want to wear soon! I used the washers and dryers on both floors again. It makes laundry go so much faster, but makes me so much hotter since I’m constantly running back and forth. My clothes were soaked when I got home and my face was once again bright red! I just wanted to sit in front of the fan!!!! But, of course, the electricity was out again! Never fails! So I took a freezing cold shower instead! It felt great! Then I changed into tennis clothes and met a new member of the spouse’s org to play tennis! I was so happy to be on the tennis courts again! It changes my perspective on everything. My facebook status last night was: ”tennis makes me happy! ok how corny is that? but it's true! days that include tennis are just better days!!!!” Arin’s boyfriend is a first semester student. When I first posted about playing tennis, she responded quickly and said she missed tennis like crazy! Finally!!!! Someone who plays tennis!!! Sure was fun!!! The tennis courts are close to Subway, so I bought subs and took them to school for dinner. Phillip was excited! :-)
So tennis was great, but I sure regretted it later! My eyelids swelled like crazy last night! I was miserable again! The headache was back, my eyes hurt, and I was freaking out. I didn’t even manage to put away the rest of the groceries or the laundry! I shouldn’t have done this, because Mom was worried enough already, but I emailed a picture of my swollen eyes. I guess sometimes you just NEED MOM!!! (Even from a million miles away…)
Phillip came home so we could watch CSI at 9:00. (We love this show and he is trying to make time to watch it this semester. He said it helped to have such a quick dinner so he could waste a little time watching CSI!) Anyway, I felt so bad because he’s too busy anyway, but he set up the air purifier for me and put some groceries away during commercials! I was so thankful! I went straight to bed after the show.
Today, I went to the doctor AGAIN! He says I’m definitely having a severe allergic reaction to something. What, of course, he didn’t know. But he said we just need to treat it with medication if we can’t figure out what it is. He prescribed Allegra and some allergy eye drops. I am hopeful that these will help! He also said he sees no fungus at all! What I thought was the fungus spreading everywhere is just heat rash! My body is obviously just not handling the extreme heat and climate very well right now. He prescribed a cream for the rash. I walked to the pharmacy, about a block away…no sense moving the car for that! I couldn’t believe how lucky I got! The pharmacy actually had all three meds, so I didn’t even have to drive to the pharmacy that’s farther away! AND they only cost $54.00!!!! (It was $25 to see the doc.) Not bad compared to my last trip there, with one medicine that cost $76! The doctor also said I need to stay cool, stay in the air conditioner or go swimming. Looks like no more tennis for awhile…
I am at least in a better mood today. My eyes aren’t quite as swollen as last night. We’ll see what happens from here…
Phillip has been studying a ton, like usual! He has blocks again on Monday! We can’t believe it’s time for blocks again!!!
Time for me to finally put away the laundry and the rest of the groceries! Then I plan to finish writing a paper that I started two days ago and haven’t touched since!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment