Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back in St. Maarten!

I’ve decided that airports are either extremely depressing or super exciting…there is no in between! Seriously, how can I be so sad (leaving my parents) and so happy (seeing Phillip) in one day? Anyway, I made it home safe and sound! I haven’t written forever, so am going to try to summarize my time in Tell City! I had a blast there!!!!

My favorite part was playing Shanghai with my parents! We played 19 games in 9 days. (I guess in 8 days actually because we didn’t play the day Mom and I went to Evansville.) I won 7 games, Dad won 6 games, and Mom won 5 games. And Mom and I TIED one game!!! That never happens in Shanghai! So we decided we each got ½ game extra for that one! Hehe! We played every evening and sometimes in the afternoons too! FUN!

Mom and I went to Evansville one day and stopped at 22 places!!!! I had a dentist appointment first, then we went to Walgreens so I could get a flu shot. Next was the post office, then McDonalds, then Kohls, Staples, HH Gregg, Party City, Sally Beauty Supply, Sams, the other Kohls, Old Navy, JCPenney, JoAnns, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc. We were BUSY but had so much fun! We met Phillip’s parents for dinner at Hacienda! I was so excited to see them! I was also excited to eat chips, salsa, and ranch from Hacienda!!! (My sister definitely got me hooked on that a few years ago!!! I thought it sounded awful at first, but totally love it just like she does!) Mom and I didn’t get home till after 10:00 that night!

Grandpa came over for dinner a couple nights. It was nice getting to spend time with him. Uncle Gene and Aunt Laura visited one afternoon! And Aunt Betty and Curt visited one morning! I love having visitors and thought it was so nice of them to stop by to see me!

Dad and I went to the farm one day! We picked raspberries and watermelons! We picked 14 good watermelons, but also found several rotten ones. We threw them over the fence and watched them splatter everywhere! It was hilarious…I think we had way too much fun busting watermelons!!! (I wish I would have had the camera there!)

I really enjoyed Mom’s cooking while I was home!!!! And Dad’s veggies and fruits were awesome! I miss that food already! I also got to eat at Pizza Inn and King Chef…two of my favorites!!! We snacked too much while playing cards…I had Doritos, ice cream, peach crisp, etc. Soooo good! (Time to go on a diet now though!)

My flight was at 6:40 this morning. That’s 5:40 Tell City time. We realized ahead of time that we’d have to leave TC around 2:30. We decided to look for a hotel for the night instead! We got a really good deal at a Red Roof Inn and it was only 2 miles away from the airport! We got there around 7:00 yesterday evening and Tina came over soon after! Mom, Dad, Tina, and I played Shanghai! It worked out great! I was excited to spend the evening with Tina and we didn’t have to drive very far at all this morning to the airport! Mom and Dad were able to go back and nap a little after dropping me off at the airport. (Then they went out to breakfast and stopped at the casino on the way home! I was home in St. Maarten before they were home in Tell City! I thought that was funny! But I was glad they got to enjoy their day instead of being super worn out and having the whole day ruined from taking me to the airport too early!)

I arrived in St. Maarten right on time and was the second one in the line for immigration! She let me through no problems and I was on my way to wait for my luggage…and wait…and wait! So much for being one of the first ones through, I had to wait forever for my luggage! Oh well, at least it got here! I grabbed my bags and almost ran through the doors to find Phillip! I was so excited to see him!!!! We goofed off and spent the afternoon together just catching up! It was great! He also loved seeing all the goodies I brought back!!! (Food is so much cheaper in the US!!!) After dinner, he headed back to school to study. I meant to unpack, but wrote this blog instead…guess I better go unpack now…sure hope I don’t have broken stuff like last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment