Scott, Willow, Phillip, and I got to experience Snuba today…for free!!!! Octopus Diving is going to start offering snuba in November and is currently in the process of completing their training for it. A guy from Key West, FL was here for their training. They asked for volunteers to try out snuba during their training. We happily volunteered!! Scott and Willow picked us up at 8:00 this morning. We drove to Orient Beach and walked around for 30 minutes, but couldn’t find them! All the information had said Orient Beach so we were really confused. We gave up and drove to their dive shop in Grand Case (only like 5-10 minutes away luckily). They were there and it was just a big mix up! In November, they will be at Orient, but for the training part, they are just doing it in Grand Case…oops! Oh well, they had actually moved the time back half an hour, so we weren’t even late! We got to go out on their new boat for the first time! Cool! They took us to Turtle Reef, one of our favorite dive spots around here.
Ok, so I’m sure you’re all confused by now and thinking, did she spell scuba wrong? Nope! Snuba is sort of a mix between snorkeling and scuba diving. You don’t have to have any training or certification for it, which is great. They just give you an overview of everything on the boat before beginning. There are 2 air tanks floating on a big raft on the surface. There are four 20 foot hoses attached to these air tanks and each person has a regulator to breathe through. The regulator is attached to a hose. So each person can swim up to 20 feet away from the raft. Everyone wears a weight belt to help them go down easier. That’s a must since salt water makes people float! It was a really neat experience! We got to see two big puffer fish, three beautiful sea turtles, and a HUGE sting ray! We were so excited! I was really happy that Scott and Willow got to experience this too! Scott would like to get certified for scuba diving while he’s here. Hope he does! We had a lot of fun together and got some amazing pictures! Our friends Julia and Don went this afternoon, so I can’t wait to hear about their experience. Hope they got to see some fascinating things as well!
I was so excited that Phillip and Scott were able to take a study break so we could all snuba together! It was definitely a much deserved break for them! This afternoon, I worked on stuff for tomorrow’s card class. I have 10 girls signed up to come make cards with me. Can’t wait!!!
Oh, I also got to pick up my official diving certification card today! Sweet!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment