Friday, October 23, 2009

Ladies' Night!



Electricity went out again Thursday morning!!!! I worked on my cross stitch picture for about an hour, then showered around 10:00 to start getting ready for supplying that afternoon. About 5 minutes after I showered, the water went out. Good thing I showered when I did!!!!!! I subbed for a Drama class and then a senior English class. The kids started packing up their things at 2:23. (Class doesn’t end till 2:30.) I know from experience that they often leave early, sometimes trying to sneak out! I knew there was no hope to get them to keep working with only 7 minutes left, so I just told them they could pack up and talk, but that they couldn’t leave yet. Good enough! Well…one of the boys started talking about how he got in trouble in another class and was using a lot of bad words to describe his teacher. I told him that was enough, that he didn’t need to talk like that. He turned toward me and very loudly told me, “You don’t have to listen to my conversation!” He finally gave in and shut up, but seriously, that’s ridiculous!!!! Ugh!

After subbing, I met Willow and we went to visit Janet and new baby Sabrina! She is soooo tiny and has tons of dark hair. So sweet! We took adorable little outfits that I bought when I was home. So cute!

Last night was Ladies’ Night at Tijuana Yacht Club! The spouses org (SO) goes out once a semester for ladies’ night. They paid for appetizers and the drinks are usually free there! They recently changed management so the SO presidency called ahead to see if they would still do the free drinks. I guess they don’t usually do that anymore, but wanted our group of 25 to come, so agreed to do it! They wait till we got there, came to the table, and announced that they wouldn’t do it after all. The girls in charge argued, explained that they had already agreed to it, and that’s the only reason we were there. They finally agreed to give each girl one free margarita and they would be half price after that…so 2 dollars each. The spouses org decided to buy one for each girl, so everyone got 2 free that way. The margaritas were so weak!!!! We couldn’t taste any alcohol in them at all…they just tasted like a fruity slush. They were not giving us the same ones other people in the restaurant were getting…we could see them making ours with a blender. Everyone else’s came from a margarita machine. So we knew they were shorting us on alcohol on purpose! (This is the first time I went with the spouses to ladies’ night, but they said that they usually stay a long time, order extra food, and keep drinking till late!) Well, no one was very happy, so we decided to go to a bar down the street instead. They brought our bill and it was way more than it should have been! The girls argued because they charged more than $2.00 per margarita! The manager’s answer…you won’t believe this…are you ready for this???? The $2.00 was only for the mix, they charged us separate for the shot of alcohol they say they put in each one!!!! Who does that???? (Besides, there’s no way there was a shot in each one anyway!) There were 25 not very happy girls who will not be returning to Tijuana Yacht Club. Big mistake on their part, because some of these girls have given them a lot of business in the past!

So we went to the Soggy Dollar Bar! I’ve heard people love this place, but I hadn’t ever been! It was really neat. We claimed the 4 picnic tables in the back, overlooking the lagoon. Very pretty! We just sat around and talked for the longest time. Then a few people decided they wanted to dance, so we all moved closer to the dance floor. Some danced, some watched. Watching was pretty amusing, especially since they have a stripper pole for people to dance on! Wow! We thought that was bad enough, when all of a sudden, we started getting wet! Most of us ran! One girl stayed and danced under the shower! Yes, shower! They have a shower installed in the middle of their dance floor. Maybe that’s where the name Soggy Dollar came from???? Hmmm…anyway, Willow’s husband came and picked us up at 11:00. (Another girls’ husband drove us there and dropped us off.) It was great to have a ride back home! It was definitely an interesting night! I had a lot of fun and it was really great to be out with the girls!!!

I worked on my cross stitch picture this morning in a very hot apartment with no lights on…that’s right, no electricity! It was off for a couple hours, then back on, then off again! Willow and I went to the pool for awhile this afternoon. A new spouse (another Laura!!!) came over for awhile too. It was a great afternoon to relax in the pool! I got back from the pool and was ready to take a shower, when the electricity went out again!!! So I showered in the dark! I was pretty excited when it came on a few minutes later though. It stayed on for a whole 6 minutes that time before it went out again…for the 4th time today! AAHHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment