Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cold Burrito


Yesterday, I subbed for first period Spanish class. It was fun…they were working on how to tell time in Spanish. I actually enjoyed it since I remembered how to do that! :-) I was finished at 9:45. The power was scheduled to be out from 9:30-11:30. It went out at 9:30 exactly, but it was back on around 9:50!!! I couldn’t believe it! Soooo exciting! I came home and read for awhile. Then I fixed lunch and was ready to stick a bean and cheese burrito in the microwave, when the electricity went out! UGH…so I ate it cold. It wasn’t near as good! (I just kept thinking, man if only I would have fixed lunch one minute sooner, I would have made it!) It was out for 2 hours. Frustrating!!! Once the electricity came back on, I spent the rest of the day working around the apartment…washing dishes, washing clothes by hand, cleaning, etc. I took several breaks to read too!

It was nice to sleep in till 7:30 today since I didn’t have to sub. I got up at 6:45 the past 2 days. Those 45 minutes actually make a big difference! Then I did something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time!!! I finally started my cross stitch picture. I ordered this pattern special and had it shipped here. It’s actually the only thing I have ordered and shipped here believe it or not!!! And then Mom and Aunt Theresa helped me get all the colors of thread that I needed for it. (Thanks!!!) I was so excited to finally start it. It’s going to take a LONG TIME!!!! Instead of explaining the design, I think I will just post pictures every so often so you can see updates and see when you can tell what it is! :-) It sure doesn’t look like much so far, I know!!!

Phillip had lab today. He really enjoys being a TA and helping out in the Anatomy lab. He gets to do more things with the cadavers now since he is a TA. They get the bodies ready for the first semester students. He also really enjoys wearing his new scrubs!!!!! He got Cubs and Colts scrubs as an early Christmas present from my parents. He LOVES them!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment