I slept 11 hours on Saturday night!!! And I was still worn out yesterday. I even took a nap at one point! The day was fairly uneventful though. I did a discussion assignment, researched, wrote a paper, and did another discussion. I made spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Phillip was pretty excited to have dinner prepared for him and to not have to worry about dishes!! Then I did a statistics assignment and was so proud for finishing it! I x’d out of the program I have to use and told it not to save because I’m not supposed to save changes in that part. At least I thought that’s what I did. Apparently I told it not to save my ASSIGNMENT! I lost the whole thing! I was soooo mad! It was time for bed at that point but I decided to stay up and redo it while I still remembered what to do! Well somehow I got a second wind apparently because when I finished that assignment, I did another one!! I finished it at 1:30am! Ok so I know, I’m crazy, staying up that late studying. But I was soooo glad to get so much done!
I walked to the casino this morning to go to the ATM. I wore a pair of flip flops that I had brought from home. They’re old now…I bought them for our honeymoon. The bottom has letters cut out so when you walk in the sand, it leaves the words “just married” written in the sand. Figured I might as well wear them here! Apparently they are not so sturdy! Since they have letters cut out, that makes parts of the bottoms way too thin! I stepped on a rock and it went right through the bottom and hurt my foot. So now I have a red swollen spot on my foot and it hurts to walk. Lovely. (I did enjoy the walk to the casino though. There are tons of little white butterflies everywhere right now! Beautiful!!!!) I got to the casino to discover that the ATM isn’t working. That happens every few weeks and it takes them a few days to service it. So I walked to the corner of the block to the other ATM. It kept saying error, try again! UGH! I gave up and walked home…figured I’d try again later.
This afternoon, I was sitting on the couch working on my computer and I felt the couch start to vibrate. I knew what that meant and jumped up and ran out from underneath the loft just in time for the whole place to start shaking, stuff falling off shelves and everything! 4.5 Earthquake!!! Earthquakes are so loud here! Sounds like a train crashing through your building…it’s awful!!! I remembered from the first earthquake that I hated being under the loft during it…freaked me out! About 15 minutes after the earthquake, I was thinking, wow I can’t believe electricity is still on. It goes off for no reason at all and then stays on when something actually happens. Seriously, right after I thought that, the electricity went out! It was within a couple seconds, no joke! WEIRD! I had just started doing research for another paper too. No electricity means no internet!!! So much for researching! I didn’t need internet for my next Statistics assignment, so started on that instead. It was only out for 35 minutes…not bad this time! But I kept working on Statistics anyway. Figured I need to work tons in both classes, guess it doesn’t really matter which I do first.
Soon after the electricity came back on, the water went out! GEEZ! Water was out for quite awhile this afternoon! Around 5:30, I walked back to the casino to try both ATM’s. Neither one worked. Sure hope they have one fixed tomorrow because I need rent money!!!! UGH! On the way back from the casino, something fell about a foot in front of me and thudded to the ground! It was a big piece off of a palm tree!!!! Seriously if I had been one step farther, I think it would have hit me on the head and knocked me out! WOW!
When Phillip came home for dinner, we started watching a TV show and were right in the middle of the show when the electricity went out again! It was pitch black in here! Phillip took that as his cue to go back and study. So I started back on Statistics again (second Statistics assignment for the day). I had to use a flashlight to see the questions in the book. Amusing! Luckily it wasn’t out long. I finished that assignment and started a third. Looks like the paper writing has been put off till tomorrow…
I woke up yesterday morning (after just one night here) with swollen eyelids again! Ok, so that tells me it’s definitely not latex, it’s not makeup (I haven’t worn any at all for a couple weeks), it has to be something here! I switched to a different type of pillow last night, still had swollen eyelids this morning. So now I’m thinking pillows or detergent? So tonight I’m going to attempt sleeping without a pillow. We’ll see how well that goes…
Update on the fungus spots as well…I went to the doctor a couple times while I was home. I am still taking fungus pills and using a cream for it. It still isn’t completely gone either. I’m scared to spend time outside now since I know the heat/humidity is what caused it in the first place.
Swollen eyelids, earthquake, no electricity, no water, almost got hit in the head by a piece of a palm tree…a warm welcome home from my island!
No comments:
Post a Comment