The flights Thursday actually went well! No delays and I enjoyed spending time with Jane. She even bought dinner and drinks at Chili’s in Charlotte airport. (My “Sunset Margarita” cost as much as my meal…yikes!) I was so excited when we landed in Louisville!!!!! We were the last of 3 planes that landed around the same time, so it took forever for them to let us in! You should have seen me once I was off that plane though…I was speed walking and my smile was huge. I just couldn’t stop smiling! I joked that the workers must have thought I was crazy! It was so great to see Mom and Dad there, waiting for me!!!!! We headed for the luggage area and my suitcase was the very first one out! Nice!!!!!! It was a LONG day, but a great day!
Friday morning I woke up and my eyes were super swollen again! So I headed to the doctor first thing. I was there by 7:15! I was hoping they had opened at 7:00, but it was at 7:30 so I just waited there. I was the first one at least, so didn’t have to wait long. I got a prescription for an allergy medicine and some pills for the fungus. I’m hoping the pills will take care of it better than just cream! Then I headed to Evansville for the day. I went to Phillip’s parents’ house and got to see Kristy!!! I was so excited that she was there! I dropped off Mary Kay orders and picked up the swimsuits that Cheryl had bought for me. (I need 5 one piece swimsuits for the dolphin therapy internship in March and she helped me a ton by buying a bunch before the stores ran out. I was so worried that I wouldn’t be able to find any now.) Then I went to Harwood! It was fun seeing everyone there too! I hadn’t taken time that morning to fill the prescriptions, so stopped at the new Walmart in Newburgh on the way home to fill them. They said 20 minute wait, but it took over 45 minutes! UGH!!!! (It was a really nice Walmart though!) Then I dropped off a gift at a gym where someone works…long story, but one of the professors and his wife live in our apartment complex. We couldn’t believe it when we found out that their son lives in Evansville with his wife!!! So I was dropping off a gift for them, from the professor and his wife. Then I finally headed home and arrived just in time for dinner…cooked by my mom!!! (BEST food ever!) After dinner, I really enjoyed going through the bag of swimsuits that Cheryl bought. There were even three dresses/cover ups in the bag! I love the dresses! I had so much fun trying on swimsuits! I found five that I absolutely love!!!! Actually, I liked them all, but 4 just didn’t quite fit right. I needed 5 and loved 5 though…can you believe my luck? Cheryl was so sweet to do that for me! (And yes, she checked before she bought them that she’d still be able to return the ones that don’t work.)
Saturday morning, we were planning to leave around 8:00 to drive to Kansas City, MO to meet Sara and Andy!!!!! We were totally ready to leave just a few minutes after 8:00 and the electricity went out! Can you believe that???? Turns out, the whole city had no electricity! I blame myself…electricity goes out all the time in St. Maarten! I get here and it goes out here too! Anyway, we did eventually start out trip and still got there plenty early. We took a picnic lunch and stopped at a rest stop on the way there. I ate a whole cucumber from Dad’s garden. They said I might have gotten the last one!!! It was little, but it was sooo good! I love to just eat them whole! Hehe! I also enjoyed more fresh tomatoes! We arrived at the hotel, checked in, and waited for Sara and Andy to arrive! I was so excited to see them!!!! Big hugs!!! We enjoyed more veggies for dinner! Mom was prepared…she had 2 big coolers packed with goodies!!! Delicious! We played Shanghai in our hotel room after dinner. It’s so fun spending time together and playing Shanghai…we are all totally addicted to this game!
Sunday morning, we went to two casinos! I actually came out 2 dollars ahead! I was quite proud of myself! Hehe! Then we played Mexican Train Dominoes, went out to eat at O’Charley’s, went back to the hotel, and played more Shanghai!!!
Monday morning, we tried to go to the zoo. It started raining on the way there and was pouring down rain and lightening by the time we got there. Forget that! So we…you guessed it…went back to the hotel and played more Shanghai!!! We stopped at the Bass Pro Shop on the way back to the hotel though. We all enjoyed looking around and Dad got a couple things he’d been wanting. He got lucky…they were on sale! After playing Shanghai, we ate at Olive Garden, then went back to the hotel and played 2 more games of Shanghai!
It was a short trip, but we sure had fun together! It had been two years since we had all been together. We had a blast, just wish Phillip could have been there too!!!!!!
Phillip had exams Monday! AND he was sick all weekend!!! Figures huh…of course it had to be at test time that he would be sick. So he was especially glad when exams were over so he could relax the rest of the day!!!! (Most of his class was sick too…they all seem to pass it around once one of them gets something!)
We left Kansas City Tuesday morning (after eating breakfast…we enjoyed a free hot breakfast at our hotel each morning! We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. They have biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, bacon, muffins, yogurt, juice, milk, etc. Way better than the normal complimentary “cold” breakfasts at most hotels.) Sara and Andy had about a 9 hour drive and we had about 8 hours. They actually beat us home by about an hour though! We stopped at an outlet mall!!! I was good…I only bought a pair of sunglasses and a lip gloss! It was fun looking though! Mom found really good deals on shoes and got 3 new pairs! Even Dad got something! He got a pair of sunglasses! Nice! We stopped for dinner at the Log Inn, by Evansville. We had always wanted to eat there, but never seemed to be on the right side of town for it. Phillip’s family loves that place. I ate there once with them. Phillip and I knew Dad would love it, so really wanted him to try it. It’s family style. Each person orders their own meat…Dad and I ordered fried chicken and Mom ordered ham. Then they bring bowls of green beans, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy (brown and white gravy…I LOVE white gravy), slaw, and rolls! They bring each person so much meat, it’s kind of ridiculous! Dad and I each had 4 pieces of fried chicken! Mom seriously had enough ham to feed a whole family! But it sure was good!!! So now we have lots of leftover meat! While we were at the restaurant, the electricity went out!!!! It was just for a few seconds and came right back on, but seriously…what’s up with this?!? It must be me! We got home around 7:15, right around dark…timed that pretty well at least!
We were all worn out after the long day of driving! I shouldn’t have been because I slept a ton on the drive home! I blame these silly allergy pills though…they totally knock me out! I struggled for awhile each time I took one…they make me soooo tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment