Monday, September 14, 2009

Phillip is a TA!!!!!

Phillip was super busy yesterday!!!! He is a TA (Teacher’s Assistant) for Anatomy class!!!! I’m so proud of him! He’s really excited to do this, although it will keep him even busier than before! He is volunteering for two hours a week, helping out in Anatomy lab. This is a first semester class and they need a ton of help this semester because there are 200 students in the new class! That’s a ton!!! (Phillip’s class had 98.) Another requirement is to help out for a “mock.” The TA’s prepare the mock, which is a practice exam, approximately a week before each exam day. So there are 4 mocks a semester. Phillip did his yesterday. It kept him busy from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, but at least he got his over with! It would be worse toward the end of the semester when he has even less time free! It’s great to be involved and help with things at school, but this will be good for him too because he’ll be constantly reviewing the Anatomy information. Hopefully that will help him later on!

I’m having a hard time getting back into studying. I did write a paper yesterday though, so that’s good at least! Then I went to church and picked up McDonalds for Phillip on the way home. I took it to school for him. It was such a treat…he hasn’t had McDonalds in a long time! (I must be insane…I actually had the willpower to not get anything for me…but then I did steal 3 of his fries! Ha!)

Last night, I went out with Jane, our landlady! I had so much fun!!! We stopped at Toppers for an appetizer and a drink. She is friends with the bartender so he took really good care of us! I had a really good margarita. I love frozen drinks, so typically order them frozen. He recommended on the rocks, and I couldn’t believe how much I liked it. It was so good! Then we went to the Red Piano Bar! It was their 3rd Anniversary, so she wanted to be there to help them celebrate! The bartender there said he’d surprise me with some kind of fruity drink. He made me a Bay Breeze…I think I may have a new favorite drink now…it was delicious! I think he said it was orange juice, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice with Malibu Rum. WOW! I had 2 of them and Jane would have bought more but thank goodness I had the willpower to stop! HA! ;-) It was a fun night!

I went to school today to put money on the laundry card. I’m planning to do laundry tomorrow and learned the hard way one time that I shouldn’t just assume I can put money on the card the same day I need it! So I now make sure to do that before taking all the laundry there!

Phillip came home for lunch and was going to drive the car back because he was going to take a friend to get a new battery for his car. Well…we discovered that we have a flat tire!!!!! (Luckily our friend had already worked out another ride anyway.) But now we can’t drive our car for sure! We have already been trying to get Charles to look at our funny sounding exhaust pipe. Now we definitely need Charles to help us!!!!! I’m not exactly thrilled about the timing either because I was planning to do laundry tomorrow morning. I have 2 laundry baskets full and absolutely hate the idea of carrying all that laundry all the way to school and around to the back side to the dorms. I carried it once and it was TERRIBLE.

Phillip was busy studying today, like usual. His schedule is weird this semester because he has review sessions four days a week from 5:00 – 7:00…such a terrible time…that’s supposed to be dinner time!

I finally made myself work on school work today. I’m starting a new class…SPSS (Statistics). I am in 2 classes at once right now. They both started on September 1st. I’ve done more for the other class and was really dreading this one, but wanted to get some done for it since I hadn’t even started it before today! I was glad to finish and post the first assignment!

Sooooo…I hate write about bad things, so I guess I try to avoid them. Maybe I think they’ll just go away if I don’t think about them? Anyway, I’m allergic to something here. My lips have broken out (bumpy and swollen) several times. The cream I got from the doctor here does help it, but it still comes back every so often. Now my eyelids have broken out twice as well. We think maybe we finally have it figured out. I think I am allergic to mask/snorkel sets and the regulator (mouthpiece to breathe through) for scuba diving! Some have latex in them. We are trying to figure out if it may be a latex allergy? My eyelids have been messed up for a week now! They started out bumpy and itchy. They were really swollen each morning for a few days. Very annoying! The bumps finally went away and are now drying up…but the skin is dry and peeling. It’s an awful feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment