Yesterday morning, we went to the Market in Merigot! It was fun and we bought a few goodies. Poor Phillip had to stay home to study though. He would have rather studied at school, but Ramone was supposed to come at 8:00 for the water heater. He finally came at 10:30, took it apart, saw the busted element, and said he had to go buy another one and would then come back. He left his tools and everything. Phillip went to school once we were back. We had lunch and then just went to my pool for the afternoon so we’d be here when he came back. Well…he never came back! I finally called him and he said he’d come today at 7:30am! I questioned him about 7:30 and he repeated it and said it would be fine because there’d be no traffic on Sunday…
We enjoyed the pool, but it was actually chilly and rained a few times off and on. Tina and I walked to Mullet Beach and the waves were great! I was worried they might be big with the weird weather, but they weren’t. So we got in and played in the ocean for awhile!
US Airways customer relations let Tina and Becky change their return flight to Saturday!!! They were supposed to go home on Thursday, but asked if they could change it since they got here a day late. US Airways didn’t have a flight on Friday, so changed them to Saturday. Nice!!!! :-)
Phillip joined us for dinner last night! We ate at Deep Bleu, which is the restaurant at the Summit Hotel where Tina and Becky are staying. Several of our friends were there too! It was a popular night for Deep Bleu! Phillip and I had actually never eaten there, but his family did when they were here. They recommended the beer battered fish sandwich. It sounded really good, so Phillip, Tina, and I were all actually planning to order it…but they were out of fish! Figures! Our food was still good though…but we’ll have to go back another time to get the fish!
Phillip went back to study after dinner. Tina, Becky, and I made daiquiris and enjoyed the evening on their balcony, overlooking the lagoon. The banana daiquiris were fabulous. (The strawberry ones were ok too, but we all liked the banana best!)
This morning, we went to Grand Case for sea glass!!! It was fun! Tina snorkeled with me too! We were worn out and hungry afterwards, so headed back for a quick lunch. (Oh and Phillip was stuck studying at home again this morning because Ramone was supposed to come at 7:30! He never even showed up!!!)
After lunch, we went to the Summit pool. I took rafts and we all read and relaxed. Unfortunately their books looked a little better than mine! (I was studying! Tina even took a picture as proof…I’ll post it another day.) We went to church in Simpson Bay at 5:00 and then to Toppers for dinner. It was delicious!!!
Jane (our landlady) came to the island today! She is planning to fix our water heater. She was not happy that Ramone has been telling us he’ll come and then not showing up. Actually she had some choice words for him…but I don’t think they’re appropriate for the blog!!! ;-) She said tomorrow morning she is picking him up and bringing him here! So hopefully there will be some progress tomorrow…maybe????
No comments:
Post a Comment