Wednesday was Phillip’s first day of class! He went back in the afternoon to study some…starting the semester off right! I spent the day reading my textbook for one of my new classes. That evening we went to the AUC mixer. They do this at the beginning of every semester…provide dinner and have a band playing. Food was just ok but it was nice to see everyone! The name of the band was “Dengue and the Fevers!” Everyone loved the name! Dengue is the disease you can get from mosquitoes here…pretty clever name, we thought!
I was so excited yesterday. Tina and her mom were scheduled to arrive here at 1:19! They were up super early because they had an early flight to Charlotte. I talked to Tina when they were in Charlotte and everything was on schedule still. (We had been a little worried because Tropical Storm Erika was in our area and we didn’t know if they’d want to fly in that storm!) Tina called again a little later to say that they had boarded the plane and everything…and then they announced that their flight was cancelled!!!! AAAHHHH!!!!! We were so upset! They had to spend the night in Charlotte and the airline didn’t even pay for food or hotel since it was weather related and not their fault. That sucked!!! So I ended up spending the day studying again…
I got a birthday card in the mail from Tina yesterday! She mailed it on August 10th!!! Our joke was that she would arrive before it did…guess that didn’t quite happen after all…but almost! My parents mailed one around July 27th and it still hasn’t arrived…I’m thinking it might be officially lost??? It’s amusing and pathetic how long mail takes to get here!
This morning, I talked to Tina right before they were about to board the plane! And I kept checking on their flight online! I studied some more and anxiously awaited 11:40, when they would arrive! I took a nice break at 11:00 though and went to the office of a real estate agent nearby. I have been helping him some over the past couple of months. I took pictures of an apartment to send to an incoming spouse. After that, he asked if I’d be willing to send the pictures to his other contacts. I agreed and he agreed to pay me $100 for each person who signed based on my pictures. I got $300!!!!! Not bad for just forwarding pictures to people huh??? I hope he asks me again next semester!
The bad news is that it started pouring down rain a little before 11:00! The realtor couldn’t believe I even showed up. I stopped on my way to the airport though, so it wasn’t bad. Thank goodness for my umbrella. I was early to the airport and their plane was late! So I waited for awhile, but actually really enjoyed talking to a couple other people who were waiting on the same flight! I was so excited when I finally saw Tina and her mom walk through the doors!!!! Hooray, they’re finally here!!!!! It stopped raining in time for us to carry their luggage to the car too…nice! We checked them in at the Summit. Their room is nice…even has a normal size frig and a DISHWASHER! (Think they’d notice if I stole the dishwasher from their room???)
Then we came back to our place and had lunch by the pool…under the big umbrella because it was raining AGAIN! We went grocery shopping in Philipsburg after that. That always takes forever! The golf course road was totally flooded again…glad we made it through! We noticed a weird rattling sound soon after though. It was especially loud when we went over speed bumps! I pulled over, but we couldn’t see anything so kept going. I looked again in the Cost U Less parking lot and a local guy asked me if I was having problems. I told him about the noise and he got down on all fours to look. He said the exhaust pipe was loose! (That’s exactly what Becky had thought too…she did good!) I thought it was so nice of him to check on me though! So I called Charles…he says he’ll look at it tomorrow! I hope so! The water heater guy is supposed to come tomorrow morning at 8:00. He was supposed to come this morning and called to change it to this afternoon at 2:00. He never showed up then either, so I called him…that’s when he said he’d come tomorrow morning. UGH…ISLAND TIME!
We went to the Sugarcane Café for dinner and then had fun playing slot machines in the casino! We played for about an hour and all ended up ahead!!! We each got 2 free drinks too! (I was drinking Sex on the Beach…yummy!) It was a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment