Oh my gosh, is it really September???? How is that possible????
Saturday, we were lazy! We spent the day messing with our computers and pictures mainly. Sunday, I spent the afternoon working on my final for that class I haven’t done anything for during the past 2 weeks! Hehe! Then we went to church, came back home for a quick dinner, and picked up our friends Alicia, Willow, and Scott. We went to the casino in Great Bay Resort. Phillip and I have now been to all 13 casinos on the island!!! (A few of them, we didn’t spend any money in…just looked around.) I had good luck in this one though and came out 10 dollars ahead! Phillip lost 5, so we still left 5 richer…nice! Willow and Scott were lucky too!
Then we all went to the Red Piano Bar. The drive there was quite interesting though! We all heard this weird noise and looked out the window just in time to see our hubcap rolling down the street! There’s quite a bit of traffic and it’s dark by the way! Phillip pulled over when he got a chance. I was going to run back to get it, but Scott beat me to it, jumped out of the car, and took off for it. (It’s a one way street, so Phillip can’t go anywhere, no way we can drive back for it.) The streets around here don’t exactly have street lights, so Scott was having a hard time finding it! AND while was looking, it started raining!!!! Poor guy! He did find it though and then ran back to the car! We felt so bad that he got rained on while searching for our hubcap! Looks like we’re going to have to break out the zip ties…that’s right, zip ties are used to hold on hubcaps around here! Nice huh?
After all that, we finally arrived at the Red Piano. A piano bar has someone who plays piano and sings. They play/sing popular songs and even take requests. It’s amazing…I don’t know how they know so many songs. Anyway, we saw a sign on the door as we went in, saying Jason Libs from Indiana was performing! Between songs, Jason was asking everyone where they were from. We told him Indiana and asked where in Indiana he was from. He said EVANSVILLE!!!! Can you believe that? Then he said, “Ya know Libs candy? That’s my dad!” WOW!!! Too crazy! He asked if we were here for med school, we said yes, and he said he’s friends with a couple in Evansville who went here. I knew exactly who he meant and said their last name. (She was my doctor in Evansville.) I still cannot believe that…what are the chances? Guess it really is a small world! We are glad we went when we did because it was his last night at the Red Piano Bar! (We think he had been here all month…they usually hire people for one month at a time.) He’s coming back in February so we plan to go again. He was really good!!!! We had a great evening!
Yesterday morning, I finished and submitted my final! So glad to have that done! Then we watched a movie and then did lots of cleaning/straightening up at our apartment. Phillip even cleaned our balcony…it looks so much better! I washed a ton of dishes (I was way behind so had tooooo many) and washed a bunch of clothes out by hand too. We were really glad to get all that done!
This morning, Phillip went to register for classes. Unfortunately, classes begin tomorrow. We are really sad because we thought they didn’t start till Thursday. So we lost a day of freedom! We went to the airport to pick up Emily this afternoon. Immigration took forever, so we waited there for like an hour! We took her home, then went back to the airport to pick up Nick! We didn’t have to wait too long for him. The rest of our day was low key, watching TV and just relaxing! My professor graded my final today and NCU officially posted my class grade. That means 6 classes down, 11 to go! NICE!!!!
Check out this website and scroll down to the second entry (the August 27th blog) to see a picture of Alicia and me after finishing our scuba diving classes. Those are the pictures that will be on our scuba diving certification cards. Fun! http://octopusdiving.blogspot.com/
I am really looking forward to Thursday! Tina and her mom arrive Thursday!!!!!! I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time and now can’t believe it’s really here! We’re going to have so much fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment