Monday and Tuesday I subbed at CIA. I had the same students both days that I had last Friday. (Their teacher was in NY running a marathon!!) They were so good Monday! Tuesday was great too, except for the last period class…they wouldn’t shut up! They gave me a headache and drove me nuts…but otherwise it was a good 2 days. I had lunch duty both days though. Lunch duty is miserable…everyone is always soaked from sweating by the end of it…standing around for 40 minutes in the sun…yuck! Tuesday was nice and breezy for once though. It was such a welcome change. It didn’t last long though, I roasted walking home after school! Normal around here though…
Tuesday after school, I had to hurry to change and get the apartment ready. I had 4 people over to make cards! A couple of them were the ones who had signed up for the last card class, but then couldn’t make it. It was fun!
This morning I did 9 loads of laundry! I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that! That’s a ton!!!!! I ended up with one load of lights, one of sheets/towels, and one of darks that really wasn’t near enough for a load though, but was too much to shove in with my other ones! I hate that…feels like such a waste of money, but I refused to bring any clothes back dirty, so did them anyway! It sure is a nice feeling now, having all of that done! When I got home, the first thing I did was blast the airco on the lowest setting possible (16 degrees Celcius) and blast every fan we own full force. Then I just sat in front of one for awhile, not moving! I was sooooooo hot and my clothes were soaking wet! (The laundry rooms are miserable with the dryers going and the sun shining right in the open windows! There was no breeze coming in them! Plus I had to carry all that laundry around and then up all of our stairs!) But it was worth it…and I’m sooooo glad it’s done!
Phillip has been studying hard! Block 3 is coming up on Monday!!! He was busy today with helping in the Anatomy Lab. He recently became an Orientation Adviser, which means he’ll be helping some new students with their transition to island life. He has been assigned to 3 students so far. I helped him tonight with preparing emails and lists of helpful hints for them. I think they will be really excited to get them! We sent the emails tonight and were excited to check off one more thing from our to-do list!
I’m starting on class number 9 but I’m kind of stuck at the moment. I am trying to pick my dissertation topic! I know I want to do it on dolphin therapy, but haven’t been able to narrow it down to a specific topic or question yet. Any ideas to help me?????
No comments:
Post a Comment