Sunday, December 13, 2009

EDR7000 DONE!!!



Thursday – Phillip and I both studied all day.

Friday – Phillip and I both studied all day. I was procrastinating some though, I have to admit! I baked a cake! I used some frozen berries that I had and made the frozen fruit/cake mix/sprite cake. It was really good! I took it to school for Phillip’s friends who were also studying in the lecture hall with him. They were really excited!!! The professor that I played tennis with was walking by, so he had some too! He said, “Good cake and lots of vitamins!”

Friday was Sara’s birthday!!!! Happy Birthday to my Seeeester! Love you!!!!

Saturday –Phillip studied all day. I played tennis with a first semester spouse, then studied the rest of the day. Tennis really was fun though! Laura T. (there are tons of Laura’s here!!!) lives in The Cliff, a nice resort across the street from the side section of our apartment complex. You can’t even get into their parking lots or anything without a key card to slide through to open the gates. She met me at the gate to let me in. She had reserved the tennis court in advance, so had the key to open the fence around the court also. This is the NICEST tennis court I’ve seen on the whole island! It even has lights so you can play at night! Amazing! (and really helpful since it’s dark here around 6:00pm!) The best thing about the tennis court though…it’s directly in front of the super tall building which means it’s shady!!!! Wonderful! I had fun playing tennis and we plan to play again Wednesday morning while our students are taking finals!

I checked the mail when I got back and couldn’t believe we actually had something! I seriously laughed out loud when I saw what it was!!!! It was the wedding invitation from my cousin Joanie’s wedding! The wedding was exactly 3 months before I got the invitation! I couldn’t read the stamp on it very well, but it looked like maybe it was mailed on August 21st??? WOW – Definitely a new record for mail!!!

I finished my last class assignment and got a really good start on my final project too! I stayed up way too late working on it because I was so anxious to finish it! (The pics are from Saturday night…exciting Saturday night…studying, like usual!!!)

Sunday – I got up before my alarm today because I was so anxious to work on my final! Ok, I wasn’t exactly looking forward to WORKING on the final, but I really wanted to FINISH it! I finished it early afternoon and was SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent the next hour talking on the phone to my parents and starting to clean. I cleaned the balcony…it gets soooo dirty and dusty out there. I shook out all the rugs and swept and by the time I finished, I was SWEATING!!! I was talking to Dad on the phone at that point and he thought it was funny because he was FREEZING!

Then I got ready for church and picked Phillip up at school. He went with me!!! Church was entertaining tonight, even more so than usual. The lady singing was really into it and even had a tambourine that she shook for a couple of the songs too! It was exciting and everyone was singing along! I looked around and saw several people tapping their feet to the beat and even a couple of girls dancing! Fun! The lady next to me (obviously a tourist and probably thought I was a tourist too) leaned over to me and whispered, “sure is different from home isn’t it?” Hahaha I was thinking “This is home!” (Yep, I admit it…sure is odd…but this island is home…just thank goodness not forever!!!!)

After church, we went to McDonalds! We even splurged and got ice cream afterwards!!!! Phillip got a chocolate milkshake and I got a hot fudge sundae. They were soooooo good! (Is it normal to wait in line at McDonalds for like 15-20 minutes by the way? I don’t think I know what normal is anymore!)

I dropped Phillip back off at school to study some more this evening. I enjoyed goofing off for the evening! Mom and I worked puzzles online together and I even opened a bottle of wine! (Well…does Arbor Mist even count as wine???) Anyway, it was so wonderful to not have to study tonight! My next class won’t start till January 1st so I am free for awhile! The class I just finished was a research class. I am beginning the doctoral phase, so am researching dolphin assisted therapy! I absolutely LOVE the topic, but it’s harder than most topics because there just isn’t a lot of research on it so far! I put in a LOT of hours for this class and have a feeling the rest of the classes will be more of the same, or worse! I have 9 classes done now!!!! 8 to go…

I have to admit though…I LOVE IT! I actually asked Phillip something last night. (Keep in mind that last night I was working on my final and sooooo ready to be finished with it!) I asked him what in the world I would be doing here if I wasn’t studying! And I meant it! I have no idea how I would pass the time. I am not a TV person. I don’t go “out” very often. I do love the beach and the pool, but try not to spend an insane amount of hours in the sun. So I seriously think I’d be bored out of my mind. Good thing I found this online program when I did. I am a true believer that some things are just meant to be. Maybe this was all part of God’s plan… :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment