I have completely enjoyed the past week!!! Long story, but my professor totally slowed me down in my classes. I wasn’t able to work on assignments at all this week. But that meant a ton of goofing off, which was a blast!
Last Saturday night, Willow, Julia, and I went to the Red Piano. Jason Libs from Evansville is playing at the Red Piano all month! He’s really good! We had a great time! It was so nice hanging out with great friends, especially since I was so frustrated with my class/professor earlier that day! I even totally splurged and had 2 drinks…a bay breeze and a sea breeze. I love bay breeze!
Sunday, I baked 75 cupcakes for Valentine’s Day!!! Phillip was at school studying all day. I got up bright and early and baked 3 batches of cupcakes. 2 were for the spouses org bake sale at school. They sold out really quick!!! The rest were for us and were delicious!!!
Monday, Phillip had exams in the morning. We goofed off in the afternoon and enjoyed hanging out together! He also helped me write a very long email to my prof explaining what I want to do for my dissertation topic. I was grateful for his help!!! That evening, we enjoyed watching a movie together!
Tuesday, Vicki was supposed to arrive! BUT the flight from Evansville to Atlanta was delayed and then she would have missed her flight from Atlanta to here. So they rescheduled her flights for the next day! We were sad because we were planning to take her to the Grand Case Festival that evening! Phillip and I still went though and really enjoyed it! We tried several weird foods…a meat stick thingy, a pizza bread, a Johnny cake, a peanut sugar cake, and some candy coated peanuts. YUM! (I really wanted Phillip to get to try gratin, but they didn’t have them. I was sad!)
Wednesday morning, I went over to Vicki’s apartment (I got the keys the day before) so I could start some laundry there. I started 2 loads at 8:15am. One load of towels and one of whites because Phillip needed his white coat for class at noon. I wanted to make sure to give myself plenty of time to finish at least the white load. WELL…electricity went out around 8:30am. Both loads had washed, but hadn’t filled up to rinse yet. I didn’t panic yet…just hoped it wouldn’t be out long. I spent the time reading my wreck specialty dive book. (I’ll explain that later.) Around 10:00, I started to panic! I had to be at AUC at 11:15, so I only had a little over an hour. I rinsed the white coat in the sink and called my friend Melissa, who has a generator. She said she had to leave in half an hour, but to hurry over to her place and we’d dry it till she left. It was still pretty damp after that half an hour, but it definitely helped. I spread it out over the laundry basket and spent the next 40 minutes outside reading while the white coat dried in the sun. It still didn’t get completely dry, but it wasn’t too bad by 11:15 when I got to AUC.
I planned a DOC (Dive with Octopus Club) event for this weekend. There are 15 AUC students attending…8 today and 7 tomorrow. We will be diving 4 wrecks, which allows us to get the wreck specialty certification. We had to read a small book first though, which is why I went to AUC at 11:15 Wednesday. (I picked up the books the night before when we were in Grand Case.) So everyone met me around 11:20 to get their books. I also gave Phillip his kind of damp white coat. He said by the time class started at noon though, it was pretty much ok.
I went back to Vicki’s apartment to finish laundry. It took forever because the dryers are soooo slow. Plus, you can only use 2 dryers at a time, or it blows a fuse. Someone kept starting a 3rd load, blowing the fuse, flipping it back on, and then starting their dryer back and not mine. Just lovely…I finally finished the loads approx 8 hours after starting them!
I picked Phillip up at school around 2:30 and we headed to the airport to pick up Vicki! Her flights were just fine and she even landed 30 minutes early! Nice! Phillip helped carry her luggage up to her room (on the 3rd floor) and then went back to school to study. We ordered Pizza Dan’s cheese pizza that night since it was Ash Wednesday and that meant no meat!
Thursday morning, I did 2 more loads of laundry. Once again, it took HOURS because some jerk kept turning mine off to start his. I was so mad! Vicki and I took a walk on the beach that morning and got BB’s for lunch! Delicious! Then we went to the ATM to finish getting rent money. Then to the bank, where I paid March rent so that Phillip doesn’t have to while I’m gone, and Vicki paid the rest of her rent too. SO GLAD that’s done! Then to Philipsburg for grocery shopping! Vicki drove so she could get used to the car and learn her way around this crazy island. She did great! (And I loved having someone else to drive!!!!)
We hurried to put groceries away, had leftover pizza for a quick dinner, and then Phillip and I went to AUC for a “class” for the wreck specialty diving. It only lasted a couple of hours, so wasn’t too bad.
Friday, Vicki and I enjoyed our pool for awhile. We swam some laps and floated around on rafts. It was great!
Today, Phillip and I volunteered with the orphanage again! This time, we drove to pick up kids at the house. We were excited to see their house! It’s huge and very colorful!! Neat! Then we went to Aquamania because the fun playground boat was reserved for us! We had a blast playing with the kids, going down slides into the ocean, jumping on the water trampoline, going across the monkey bars and falling into the ocean at the end of them, and swinging on a rope out into the ocean! We aren’t sure who had more fun…the kids or the adults! It was a great day!!!! (Phillip and I have wanted to play on this boat ever since we first saw it about a year ago…hehehe!)
Off to bed…scuba diving tomorrow! Woo-hoo!!! (A week from right now, I will be in Key Largo…how crazy is that?!?!?)
Sounds like lots of fun! What's up with the knee brace?!?!?
ReplyDelete