Well, there’s no avoiding it. I might as well start by saying how disappointed we were that the Colts lost the Super Bowl! We were soooo sad!
We both studied all day Friday and Saturday. Sunday I made Colts cupcakes! I had so much fun making them and they turned out cute! Phillip took lunch to school with him so he could study as much as possible most of the day. He came home at 4:00 and we left for church at 4:15. After church, I called Dominoes and ordered pizza for delivery. I did this as soon as we got in the car (around 6:15) because we figured it would take awhile! Sure enough, the pizzas didn’t arrive till 7:45! We enjoyed the pizza and the first part of the game when the Colts were ahead. It was all downhill from there…
It was really nice to hang out together for the whole evening though!!!! That doesn’t happen often anymore!
Yesterday, it was back to school for Phillip and back to studying for me...blah! Our landlady (Jane) arrived on the island yesterday. She’s fun! She got an awesome rental car this time! She got a blue mustang convertible!!! I love it! We went to breakfast this morning at Toppers by the Sea. My facebook status said “cruising around the island in a blue mustang convertible!!!” It was really fun and breakfast was good! I finished assignment number 3 when I got home and started reading for the next assignment!
I was actually really bad and went out with Jane again this evening! There’s some sort of festival thingy in Grand Case that’s open every Tuesday evening for several weeks. Phillip and I have been planning to go at some point. Jane offered to take us both tonight, but Phillip can’t since exams are Monday. So Jane said that I needed to go with her tonight so I will know where to take Phillip and Vicki next Tuesday. She convinced me! (I think Phillip was a little disappointed at first when he realized where I was going, but as soon as he realized the plan, he said it was a great idea! Otherwise, we wouldn’t really know where to go next week!)
I am so glad I went! We had the best time and I was totally fascinated! This was actually a big deal. The street was blocked off for a LONG section and there were booths set up on both sides of the road selling food, crafts, jewelry, etc. It was so neat to see everything! There were several bands playing in different sections and one band that marched up and down the street. That band was funny! It was complete with 3 barely dressed female dancers (bodies covered in glitter) leading the way. The guys were playing crazy Caribbean drums, blowing whistles, and one guy was even playing a conch shell. (They make a crazy loud noise when you blow through a hole in the top!) It was so neat! We had the BEST dinner. We got crab backs and gratin. Crab back = stuffed crab. Gratin = potatoes with an awesome sauce. It was only $3.00 for that! Can you believe that price? NOTHING is cheap on this island! But this was homemade by a lady who caters and I think she was trying to get her name out there too. It was fantastic! If we go next weekend, I want the same meal!!!! YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment