I can’t believe Emily is 3 months old!!! I truly don’t know where the time has gone! I swear Emily is cuter and more fun every single day! She is cooing and making noises all the time now. Phillip and I can’t believe how noisy she is! We love hearing her noises though…they are just so cute! She gives us huge smiles and watches our every move. She turns around in her bouncy seat just to be able to watch us walk around the room. Emily loves sitting in her bouncy seat and playing with the toys that hang above her. Her favorite thing in the world is to be cuddled. She LOVES to be held and snuggles right up against us. It is so sweet! She also loves her pacifier!!! She has recently starting sucking on her hands though and I think she likes them just about as much as the pacifier! We joke that she is trying to fit her whole hand in her mouth!!! She has managed to find her thumb a few times. It is hilarious because when she sucks her thumb, she makes really loud sucking noises and slobber just drips down her hand!! Too funny!!! Emily loves bath time!!! She gets excited when we start the bath routine…She knows what is coming! She is wide eyed and smiling during bath time. She loves to kick her legs to splash the water and she usually cries when I take her out of the tub! Emily is turning into a great sleeper! (I would never have thought that when she was originally keeping me up till 4am!) She usually sleeps about 12 hours and I only have to feed her once during that time. Her first sleep of the night is around 6-8 hours long. She totally shocked me one night and slept 9 hours straight! She still doesn’t sleep much during the day though. Her normal is 2 naps a day, for about 25 minutes each. I think that’s why she sleeps so well at night though!
Emily had her 12 week immunizations yesterday. She got 3 jabs (shots) and only cried for about 5 minutes!!!! That was a major improvement from the last time when she cried for about half an hour! I also had her weighed…she weighs 11 pounds and 14 ounces!!!! She is just above the 25th percentile now! (She was previously around the 18th percentile…she’s a petite little baby!) They are pleased with her progress though! She doesn’t look so petite anymore! She has a chubby belly and chubby cheeks! She’s also getting heavy!!
I seriously think I must kiss Emily a thousand times a day! I kiss her cheeks, forehead, and the top of her head over and over. I repeatedly tell her that I love her. I can’t help it…she is just so sweet! I love that little girl so much!!!!! My mom teases me and says that Emily is already spoiled! It’s probably true because we hold her, play with her, and talk to her all the time!!!! However, she’s about to become super spoiled!!! We go back to the USA in 11 days! Emily is going to have a real crib (no more sleeping in a moses basket!!!), new clothes, awesome new toys, and best of all – tons of new people to love her! She is going to love all the attention and I’m pretty sure plenty of people will be willing to hold her, which will make Emily a very happy baby! :-)
Phillip, Emily, and I spent the day in London Saturday. That was our last trip to London! We had a great time!!!! We went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. It was a huge German Christmas festival. It reminded us of Fall Festival in a way because it had lots of food booths, rides, and games. It also had lots of shops selling everything you can imagine! We had the best time walking around there and got some awesome food too! I had “Christmas Dinner in a Bap.” It was a sandwich with turkey, stuffing, and apple/cranberry chutney. I would have never thought to put those things together on a sandwich, but it was absolutely delicious!!!! We also went to Harrod’s to see the new Harry Potter section and rode the London Eye after dark! That was amazing!!! We had a great day!!!! Emily was so tired that she fell asleep in the taxi on the way home and didn’t even wake up when we got out of the taxi, walked into the flat, or put her on the changing mat. She was exhausted! The biggest proof that we wore her out came the next day though! She was laying on Phillip while he studied and she fell asleep! She slept on him for an hour and a half!!! She never takes naps that long! It was really cute! :-)
Phillip’s OB and Pediatric exams are next Thursday. Then Friday morning, we fly to Italy! We return Sunday evening and then fly to the USA on Monday morning (the 19th). We absolutely can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!! See you all soon! :-)
How exciting! I hope I get to meet Emily once you are all settled back in the US.
ReplyDelete