Monday was Block 1! Phillip felt better prepared for them than normal and so did Sean! They both joked afterwards that now they CAN’T stop studying together! Awesome!!!! I went on the walk that morning and saw that the waves at Mullet Beach were huge! Phillip loves to play in big waves, so we went to the beach that afternoon. We quickly discovered that the waves were a little too big to be fun though!!! But it was still nice to get out and go the beach for awhile. After that, I studied for awhile while Phillip goofed off and played the Wii. I joked that we were mixed up…me studying and not him! We watched a movie later and ordered Dominoes Pizza! YUM!!! (By the way, their thin crust pepperoni pizza is soooo good!) I also cut Phillip’s hair on Monday! I had to take a pic of him in the “batman cape” as he calls it! Ha!
Tuesday, I skipped the morning walk because I really wanted to finish an assignment. It was my second to last one! I got an early start and finished it mid-afternoon! Phillip didn’t have much to study yet so we goofed off the rest of the day! We went for the 4 mile walk together!!! He has been wanting to see our walking path, so we planned on going together “one of these days.” It suddenly seems like our days here are running out, so I’m glad we did it when we could! He enjoyed seeing the area. We walk by a part of the golf course that he hadn’t seen before. He couldn’t believe how nice it looked! The area toward the front that he sees all the time is yucky and run-down. The back part is really pretty! We found tons of empty snail shells during our walk! They’re so pretty!
Wednesday, I got an early start on my final and finished it late afternoon. I was so happy!!!! I requested the next class with a February 1st start date as soon as I posted my final! I skipped the morning walk again, but joined the afternoon group of walkers at 4:30! Phillip had to go to an SGA meeting, so we were planning to have a late dinner anyway, so it worked out great!
This morning I skipped the walk for real. My knee has been hurting for a couple of days. I kept ignoring it, but that obviously isn’t helping it. I usually have to just do nothing for a few days to make it stop hurting. I hate that though! I was sad to have to skip the walk! I enjoyed goofing off today! I played online, watched 2 movies, worked puzzles online with Mom, baked muffins, and read for fun outside on the balcony! What a day! (Poor Phillip is back to studying all day again now…)
This evening I did something I was kind of nervous about! I called in for my first Dissertation conference call. It was no big deal though, but was interesting. There were a lot of people on that call! We all had to introduce ourselves, then the professor talked for awhile, then he answered questions. Interesting! We learned tonight that the national average for people who begin their dissertation and actually finish it is only approximately 50%! Yikes, that’s not very high! Hopefully someday I’ll be in the finished half!
No comments:
Post a Comment