

Tuesday night the girl living below us called us at 11:30pm to ask us to reset the internet router. Well, first she sent a text message on my phone. It woke us both up. I didn’t get up to do it! So then she called my phone. I didn’t answer! Then she called Phillip’s phone. He didn’t answer either! The week before, she called at 1:30am for the same thing! We didn’t get up to do it then either. It stinks that internet goes out like that sometimes, but seriously what is she thinking calling that late? It’s RUDE!!!!! Phillip couldn’t go back to sleep after she called either…it ruins his night when she does that! She was doing it several months ago too and I finally emailed asking her to stop. She stopped for a long time, but now started again. So I emailed AGAIN asking her to stop! We’ll see…
Wednesday I went on the walk again and then studied. Nothing too exciting. Thursday I went on the walk again! When I came home, there was no water or electricity. So much for a shower or studying! I laid on the tile floor (because I was too sweaty to sit anywhere else) and watched a movie on my computer. The electricity came back on after about 3 hours, but still no water. I was supposed to leave at 1:00 to go grocery shopping with Willow. I finally gave in and used some of the water we have stored to take a “shower.” Grocery shopping took forever, like usual, but I was sooooo glad to have it done! It’s much more fun going with Willow than when I go alone! I couldn’t believe it when I got home around 4:00 and we still didn’t have any water! It was off for 8 hours that day! GEEZ!!!! I studied that evening.
Friday morning, I headed to school with both laundry baskets overflowing! I did 6 loads of laundry. It’s frustrating to have to go back and forth between several different floors to complete laundry. For 2 of the loads, I even had to move wet clothes to a different floor to be able to dry them! One floor has 5 washing machines…only ONE of them works! That’s ridiculous!!! I finished right on time…meaning right as Phillip’s classes ended! So he met me in the dorms and carried one laundry basket down for me, we loaded the car, drove home, and he carried one upstairs for me too! I love it when I time it so we can do it that way. It seriously wears me out lugging all that laundry up and down all those stairs! I was more sore the next day from doing laundry than I was from beginning the morning walk again! That’s sad…
I studied the rest of the day Friday. It was such a good feeling to know that we had groceries and clean laundry! That’s an accomplishment around here!!!
I was bad Saturday though and went to Mullet Beach (the one within walking distance) with Julia, Willow, and Danielle! It was so nice to hang out with them! We had a great time! I did come home and study the rest of the day though. I have been trying to fly through my assignments. I got lucky and this professor grades really fast! I have a chance to finish this class this month, which is what I am really trying to do! I would love to begin another one February 1st, but can’t unless I finish this class before then. I got a slow start since I didn’t study much at home or while Sara and Jon were here, so now I’m rushing! I think I can make it now though!!!
Julia and I went to church together this evening. It was so nice to be back in my little Caribbean church again! We got there late though! And by late, I mean that we were only about 20 minutes early! You have to be there about 30 minutes early to get a seat in the pews. No seats left there! So we sat in the half circle of chairs behind the Alter. That was a little weird. It was actually my first time sitting up there. Feels very odd looking out at everyone during Mass!!!! Gonna be early next time! We have a new Priest. I was sad that Father Thomas left. We do have another American Priest though, so at least he is easy to understand too. He’s very lively and energetic. I think he’ll do ok here. Julia and I picked up Subway on the way home. I dropped Julia off, then went back to school to pick up Phillip. We ate dinner and watched the end of the Colts game. HOORAY for the COLTS, who will be in the Super Bowl this year!!!! I’m really glad Phillip was able to take a short break to watch the end of the game at least!
Phillip has been studying nonstop! Block 1 is tomorrow already!!!! Can’t believe it’s that time already! Phillip and Sean have been studying together a lot lately. They are both really excited that they started doing this…they say it’s helping them each a ton! I am so glad because Phillip says it also makes studying more fun again. I hope they continue studying together the rest of this semester and especially next semester, when everything is the hardest!!!
I’m posting a couple of pics…one from the beach yesterday and one that a photographer took at Bliss last weekend. (Same girls in both pics-husbands included in the Bliss pic.)
No comments:
Post a Comment