We took a tour at Cadbury World. It was really fun to hear about Cadbury’s history – how it started as a small family business and as they grew, one of their top priorities was treating their workers well! It was a good story! We got to taste liquid chocolate – warm, melted, Cadbury’s milk chocolate. Oh wow!!! It was so thick and creamy that it totally coated the whole inside of your mouth. It was delicious!!! We also got 3 candy bars each as “samples.” They were full size candy bars! We didn’t even open those yet – the liquid chocolate that we got to sample (twice actually!) was enough chocolate for one day! (Especially for me since I have been avoiding caffeine…didn’t want too much at once!) We went a little crazy in the gift shop though. Cadbury makes so many different kinds of candy bars! We have seen them in all the stores around here and they are tempting, but we never buy any because they’re expensive. They’re usually 1.15 each. At the Cadbury gift shop, they were 45 pence each! So we figured that was our chance to try them! We bought one of each kind that sounded good to us. (We plan to share them after the baby arrives, when I don’t care quite as much about caffeine.) We also bought a bag of mis-shapes. We are very excited about those! It’s a huge bag and cost 3 Pounds. It has different flavors of their candy bars in it, in small bite size pieces. They are perfectly fine for eating, but they came out shaped wrong so couldn’t be sold normally! Neat!!! We are anxious to see what is in it!!!
Some of the names of the candy bars are Curly Whirly, Wispa, Peppermint Cream, Flake, Twirl, Bournville (classic dark chocolate),Crunchie, Twisted, Chocos, The Big Race, Dairy Milk, and Chomp. I don’t think the US has any of those?!?!?
We also had lunch at Cadbury’s CafĂ©. I got fish N chips. Phillip got a hot dog and chips. (Hot dog is upside down in the pic and it just looks like bread, but there really was a footlong hot dog in there!) It came with mushy peas. Why on earth would you put mushy peas ON TOP OF THE CHIPS?!?!!?!? How weird!!!!
Some of the pictures show chocolates we liked in the gift shop – a soccer ball, a high heeled shoe, a HUGE candy bar! Don’t worry – we did not buy those!!! Haha! We especially love the chocolate versions of us!!!!! I think a chocolate version of my preggo belly would be a big seller, don’t you?!?!?
We spent 4 and a half hours at Cadbury World!!! Then we took the first of our 3 trains back toward home. We had a couple hours to waste though before the 2nd train was scheduled. So we walked around a really neat area outside the train station – tons of shops, tons of people, neat to see! Then we grabbed McDonalds food for dinner and took it on the train with us! I was really happy to sit down on that train! I was worn out by then!!!!! I enjoyed reading my Nook again on the train rides! :-)
We finally got to Slough around 9:40pm. We headed to Tesco for our weekly shopping adventure. It went just fine till we were checking out! The cashier lost his grip on a 2 liter bottle of Coke and it hit the side of the register and started spraying coke everywhere!!!! He held it right over our groceries and soaked everything!!!!! (I know, that’s better than aiming it toward people, but still!!!!!) He did wipe stuff off a little bit with some paper towels, but everything was a gross sticky mess!!! So when we finally got home at 11pm, we had to wash every single thing off before putting anything away. What a mess!!!
I was soooo worn out on Sunday. Phillip studied all day. I was lazy – I read a lot and I took an hour and a half nap. I also slept 10 hours Sunday night! I think this out and about all day thing is getting harder on me!!!
Interesting – We have heard that Hershey’s actually produces Cadbury’s chocolate to be sold in the US. Hershey’s does not have access to all of the same ingredients that Cadbury’s here uses. Therefore, when you buy Cadbury’s in the US, you aren’t actually buying the real thing! Cadbury’s here really is fabulous! It puts US chocolates to shame!!!!
Great post! I would go for the Bournville...I love dark chocolate!
ReplyDelete