


Thursday, I made 2 huge pans of lasagna, garlic bread, and Ramen noodle salad for dinner. Ricky, G, Kyle, Loreta, and Jean Marie all came over for dinner. Everyone chipped in to pay for the cost…it actually cost the same price as when we all order pizza together and I think it was a way better meal! Everyone seemed to really like it. (They said they would gladly eat it anytime I fix it! Haha!) We had a late dinner and then all hung out for awhile before going to the midnight showing of the last Harry Potter movie at the cinema in Slough. We all really enjoyed the movie!!!! It was so hard to believe that the movie theatre didn’t even sell out though! Seriously, there were empty seats in there! We arrived 45 minutes early and were the first ones there! It’s just so weird because the movies all sell out at home and people wait in line for hours just to get a good seat. Hard to believe!
Saturday morning, Phillip and I took a train to Wales. It took about 2 hours to get there. (I was super excited to read my Nook the whole time!!! Tina is lending me books to read!!! She has a Nook also and some books allow you to share a copy with a friend. When she lends me one, I have 2 weeks to finish it and then it disappears. It’s really neat the way it works!!!) We arrived in Cardiff, the capitol of Wales mid morning and enjoyed just walking around exploring the city for awhile. There are dragons all over Cardiff! Dragon statues, dragon flags, dragons of the sides of buildings, seriously they are everywhere. Phillip loves dragons, so he was super excited about it! There is even a dragon on the real flag of Wales!!! We also enjoyed seeing signs. They were so interesting to us because everything was written in English and in Welsh!!! Welsh looks so funny, it’s hard to believe it even makes sense! Haha! Then we had a quick lunch (McDonalds of course!) and went to the castle. We really enjoyed the castle there! It was very different from most that we have been in! We saw bomb shelters and a catapult. There was a moat around the main section…I thought that was really neat! We toured the fancy section where the owners lived…It was crazy fancy, like a church almost. It had tons of stained glass windows – that was my favorite part of it! I even managed to climb over 100 stairs to get to the top part of the castle because I wanted to see the amazing views from there! (Stairs are harder than they sound when you’re 34 weeks pregnant, so I was pretty proud of myself for that!!!) The funniest part about the castle is that I wore gloves while walking around there part of the time! We both had on coats, but the gloves just topped it off. How on earth can you need a coat and gloves in the middle of July?!?!? The weather is so weird here!
After the castle, we took a bus to the bay and enjoyed walking around at the bay for awhile. It was really pretty, but also windy!!! We enjoyed a nice dinner at Harry Ramsden’s…an awesome fish n chips restaurant! It was sooooo delicious! Then we took a bus back to the station, but realized we had 50 minutes till the next train. So we walked around, exploring the city awhile longer. We were really glad actually, because we finally found a little grocery store that sold Brains beer!!! We saw the Brains brewery, but hadn’t found any Brains beer throughout the day. Phillip bought one and then we headed back to get on our train! He drank the beer on the train ride home! Hehehe! We still had to buy groceries at Tesco in Slough after the train ride, so we didn’t get home till after 11:00 that night. It sure was a fun day though!!!!
We slept in Sunday and then relaxed. Phillip studied and watched a movie on his computer. I read most of the day. It was a good weekend! It is soooooo nice to be able to spend weekends with my hubby, exploring places I never dreamed I would ever see!! :-)
I had a midwife appointment this morning! They were crazy busy and running really late…good thing I took my Nook along so I could read while I waited! ;-) The midwife said Baby Girl’s heartbeat sounded great and was regular. Good news!!! I love hearing her heartbeat!!! Bad news is that she is still transverse – laying sideways across my belly instead of being head down. I sure hope she turns soon!!!!!
You are going to have an awesome scrapbook one day with all these memory making experiences :)
ReplyDelete