Dear Baby Girl,
Wow, I can’t believe your due date is one month from today. We are finally getting close! Daddy and I are so excited to meet you! We have waited a long time for you and cannot even begin to explain how happy we are. We can’t wait to become a family of three!
We love reading weekly pregnancy updates online. They tell us about how much you weigh each week and how you are developing. It is so fascinating! We also love to feel you kick and wiggle in my belly. I feel you all the time!!!! Daddy likes to put his hands on my belly so he can feel you too! He cheers for you when you are kicking me. He thinks it’s so funny! The midwife and the ultrasound tech have both commented on how active you are. The ultrasound tech called you a “wiggly baby.” They said it’s great that you are so active because it means you are getting plenty of oxygen and the nutrients that you need. That makes us happy!
We have all of your new clothes and blankets washed and waiting in your closet. Your Moses basket is set up in our bedroom, close to our bed. The sheets are clean too, just waiting in the closet. I think we are all ready! We even have your hospital bag packed just in case you decide to come early.
You won’t remember this, but you have already been a lot of places! You have been to the US, England, Holland, France, Scotland, and Wales. We bought some fun clothes and souvenirs for you from some of these places! We jokingly call you “Nessie” or “Wee Monster” sometimes because we both loved the Loch Ness Monster things in Scotland. A lot of the baby shirts had “Wee Monster” written on them and we thought they were so cute! You have also been in lots of castles and you went to Wimbledon! We bought a shirt for you there that says “Future Wimbledon Champion.” We can’t wait to see you in all of your cute little clothes!
You already have a name, but it’s still a secret. Only our closest family members know your name. Daddy and I have been calling you by name for months already though. We think your name is beautiful and we love talking to you!
I sing to you sometimes when no one else is around. I usually sing The Our Father, Caribbean style! I love the Caribbean version of that prayer. I hope you will recognize it and be comforted by it once you are here. We know that God has big plans for your life. We can’t wait to see all of those plans and to watch you while you learn and grow.
We love you already! See you in about a month!
Love,
Mommy
Laura, this is one of the sweetest things I've ever read. Can't wait to see you guys with your baby girl. :)
ReplyDelete