Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Christmas!!!

Phillip and I have had a busy few days again!!!! Thursday after he got off work, we headed into London! We went straight to Trafalgar Square for the Harry Potter Premiere! This was a huge deal here. It’s the last Premiere since it’s the last Harry Potter movie!!! We didn’t have tickets and couldn’t get close at all, but it was still neat to see! There were sooooooo many people there! They had tons of police officers standing guard – it was a major event! We did get close enough to see the red carpet at least! We didn’t stay for much of it though, just wanted to see a little.



Harry Potter Premiere at Trafalgar Square!!!




lots of people there!!!




We could see the red carpet!! (barely)



Then we headed to the Roundhouse for the ADELE concert! I won free tickets from a contest a couple of weeks ago! We couldn’t believe how close we were to the stage! We didn’t have seats unfortunately though…we were standing on the floor right in front of the stage. It was crowded, hot, and miserable, but still neat! She has an amazing voice and it was so cool to be so close!



iTunes Festival at the Roundhouse




at the ADELE concert!




not many people between us and the stage!!!




ADELE


Saturday morning, Phillip and I got up early and headed to Bedford! It was quite the adventure to get there…taxi, train, subway, train, taxi to destination! Shew! It took almost 2 hours. We were headed to Bodyflight Bedford. I know my title sounded crazy, but Saturday’s events were Phillip’s early Christmas present from me!!!!! (Plus they say Happy here instead of Merry, which I just find totally amusing!) Phillip got to go indoor surfing!!!! We have seen this advertised for cruise ships before and Phillip has always wanted to try it! He did a one hour group lesson…it was really neat! (I couldn’t do any of the events there since I’m pregnant, so I was his personal photographer! I really did enjoy watching him though.) We had some free time in the afternoon, so we spent a couple of hours in the amazing pool there! It was really neat. It had a back spray massager and seats with bubbles (like bubbles in a hot tub) in a couple sections of the pool. FUN! I really enjoyed swimming!!!! Then Phillip got to do indoor skydiving!!!! It’s a wind tunnel…a huge fan underneath that blows you up into the air! It’s just like skydiving. He got to do 2 flights. The instructor held onto him during the first flight and let go some during the 2nd flight so he could try some on his own! He loved both events and had a really fun day!!!! After flying, we called a taxi…took the taxi back to the train station, train back to London, subway back to Paddington station, train back to Slough. Then we went grocery shopping at Tesco and took a taxi home. We didn’t get home till after 11pm and we were both exhausted! What a good day though!!! (He was sooooooo sore the next day!!!)



Phillip on the board




Phillip kneeling on the board




WIPEOUT!!!




Phillip is surfing!!!




I loved this pool!!!




ready to fly!




flying!!!



Phillip flying without the instructor's help!!!! WooHoo!!!!




Sunday, we slept in a little later, then went to London for a few hours. We went to the British Library. It was neat seeing everything on display there, especially the Magna Carta and some really old copies of the Bible!!! Then we went to a subway station just to see an escalator! (It was only one stop over from where we already were…haha!) Angel Station has England’s longest subway escalator. It was really cool! We rode up, then back down, then went on our way! :-) Next we went to M & M World…it just opened a few days ago. It was really neat! 4 floors of M & M stuff – clothes, candy dispensers, glasses, bowls, plates, magnets, shot glasses, pillows, stuffed animals, etc. And of course, TONS of M & M’s…in all different colors! I didn’t know they came in so many colors. It smelled so good in that place too. You could smell the chocolate as soon as you walked in the door!



awesome bench at the British Library




Can you believe this is a train station??? Amazing!




Soooooo long!!!




This makes me want M & M's!!!




Blue M & M is driving!



Sunday evening, we stopped by Ricky’s flat. Ricky was in the US visiting his family for the past week and just got back. I got my Christmas present from Phillip early too!!!!!! Phillip ordered a Nook for me and had it shipped to Ricky’s house. Ricky brought it back with him! A Nook is an e-reader…one of the little devices that you can download books onto and read the book from the Nook. It is soooo cool looking! We originally couldn’t decide if I should buy a Kindle or a Nook. Then we discovered that Nooks are compatible with library books and Kindles aren’t. That made up my mind very quickly! Evansville’s library actually offers TONS of books to download to borrow at no charge!!! That is so exciting! (You can buy books for e-readers, but I don’t plan to spend money on books – I want to get them for free!) I was always wishing for something to read here and have bought a few books lately, but they are expensive! We figured this would be a way better option! We charged my Nook and read about it, then got it out to play with today. I think we figured it all out! I’m ready to download a book and start reading tonight…can’t wait! So I really wasn’t as confused as I sounded when I said…Happy Christmas! :-)

1 comment:

  1. You're adventures sounds like so much fun! I loved that bench at the library...I hope you are well, and I am eating lots of mint ice cream for you because it is HOT here. Love to see your pictures...wish I was on some of those adventures with you. Baby is almost here...i hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete