Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother!!!!!!!!!!! Mom, I wish I could spend the day with you! Love ya!!!
Phillip and I had a crazy busy, but fun weekend! Saturday, we spent the day in London. We got tickets for the musical Wicked! We really enjoyed it! Wicked is the prequel to The Wizard of Oz. Neither of us knew the story of Wicked, so that made it really interesting! We didn’t get so lucky to have front row seats this time though, lol. Wicked is a really popular show and usually sells out, so we were probably lucky just to get our balcony seats! It was fun!
We also went to the Hard Rock Café gift shop. I got an email last week from Hard Rock saying that I had 6 pounds free to use this month for my birthday! So we got a onesie for Baby Girl. Cute!
Sunday, we got up early and took a train to Grantham, England. We went somewhere that I’ve wanted to go for a long time…for about 9 years!!!! We visited Harlaxton Manor! Harlaxton is this really old castle that is owned by the University of Evansville. As a student at UE, I could have studied abroad at Harlaxton for a semester or for a 6 week summer course. I really wanted to, but just couldn’t get it to fit into my crazy class schedule! So…9 years later, I finally made it there! Sunday was Harlaxton’s open house, so we got to tour the castle and the grounds. It was really great to be there and finally see what I’ve heard so much about! I had always heard that Harlaxton had secret passageways. Seeing some of those hidden doors and passageways was one of my favorite parts of the tour! They were so neat! (I also enjoyed reading my Nook on the hour-ish train ride to and from Harlaxton!)
When we got back to Paddington train station, we had 22 minutes to waste till our train to Slough. Perfect! We rushed into Sainsbury’s (the little grocery store that is in the train station) and quickly grabbed fruits, veggies, milk, bread, and cereal. Luckily we had stocked up on everything else the week before and this was all we really need for this week! We paid and made it to our train with about 5 minutes to spare! Sweet!!!
Sunday night, I slept 10 and a half hours! I probably would have slept longer, but had to get up to get ready for my midwife appointment!!! The appointment went great – got to hear Baby’s heartbeat again, which I love! The midwife is pleased with my progress and booked an appointment for me to go back in 2 weeks! I was totally shocked that I don’t have to go next week, but she said since everything looked fine, there was no need to! (That’s great news since it’ll save taxi money!) The rest of the day, I was so lazy. I was too tired to do anything. I think being out and about both days this weekend did me in! Don’t worry – we walk slow and take lots of breaks when we’re out. But it was still a lot for me at this point. I’m so glad we got to have a great weekend though! And I totally enjoyed reading my Nook and being lazy yesterday after the midwife appointment! :-)
Sounds like a great weekend! You are so close to meeting your baby now! Can't wait to see pictures! Good luck with it all. I'll be thinking of y'all!
ReplyDelete