Sunday, August 28, 2011

Letter from Elijah


Yesterday was the day I’ve been counting down to for a very long time…our due date! However, yesterday came and went and still no baby! I still don’t think Baby Girl is in any hurry to come out! We’re actually glad she didn’t decide to arrive yesterday though. Phillip got to do something he really wanted to do! He went to see Batman Live yesterday in London with Ricky and G! They didn’t get tickets till yesterday morning, just to make sure I was still ok. Batman is only playing here for 3 weeks and we thought all along that it was terrible timing because it was right around the due date! But we got lucky and it worked out fine! He had a fun day…don’t worry, he called me a bunch of times to make sure I was ok. He would have headed home quickly if I needed him! :-) And it was great because he got to grocery shop on the way home! Sweet!

We walked to church this morning. That walk was a little harder today than it was a week ago! I don’t think I would have managed to carry groceries home today, so I was really grateful that Phillip did the shopping yesterday!!! It rained on our walk home from church! We got pretty wet!!! (We thought it was funny, so had to take a pic!) I ate super spicy chicken for dinner tonight. Apparently walking and eating spicy foods are supposed to help induce labor. They didn’t work…

Sara posted the sweetest and funniest thing on my facebook wall today. I saved it to a file on my computer so we’ll always have it. I decided I wanted to share it on the blog too. I seriously laughed out loud while reading it! It’s a letter from Elijah!! (with some help from Sara of course!)

Dear Baby Girl~

When are you going to leave your mommy's belly?!? I know it's nice and warm inside of your mommy's belly and the outside world is going to be a bit scary at first but when you are being held in your mommy and daddy's arms you are going to be so happy! Your mommy and daddy can't wait to meet you!

I thought I would go ahead and give you the family scoop. Your mommy and daddy are so much fun. I loved playing with them when they came to see me in Nov and at Christmas. Your daddy is good at playing hide and seek. He almost got stuck hiding under my table. Silly Uncle PopPop! Your mommy colored with me, played cars with me, and I accidentally peed on her. I was just breaking her in for you. =)

Grandpa and Grandma are really nice! They have lots of toys at their house. Sometimes they disappear and new ones appear. I think Grandma knows magic! Grandpa will teach you how to draw animals. He is really good at that. He also grows things in a garden. Watch out or he might spray you...it's fun. He won't spray you until you’re bigger though. Oh! Don't bite Grandpa. That is not nice.

Grandma makes really good food. She makes you eat your vegetables so you can have dessert. It is worth it. She makes good desserts. Grandma has stickers too! Stickers are fun! Grandma loves to play too. We are lucky as everyone likes to play! But don't bite!

We have lots of nice great aunts, uncles and cousins. When you get bigger Aunt Theresa will teach you to walk like a dinosaur and Aunt Betty has cows. They are big and smelly! Everyone is really nice! They all like to take pictures...lots of pictures...lots and lots of pictures.

My mommy will be your Aunt and my daddy will be your Uncle. They can't wait to meet you. Mommy tells me all the time that you are in Aunt Laura's belly. I thought I had a baby in my belly but I didn't. Daddy doesn't have a baby in his belly either...just Aunt Laura.

Oh! When you learn how to talk, learn how to say Go Colts really soon, ok?? Football is fun to watch but only if it's the Colts. Your mommy and daddy like the Colts too. My daddy doesn't...he is silly.

So, will you come out of Aunt Laura's belly soon? Please...I can't wait to see you! We will have lots of fun together and I will share my toys with you. How did you get in Aunt Laura's belly?? Mommy told me I could ask you or Aunt Laura that question. Silly Mommy!

Love your cousin,
Elijah

PS. Don't pee on Grandma's carpet or you'll have to sleep outside. I think they were teasing me but I still wouldn't try it. They like to tease each other a lot.

PPS. You also have a Grandpa and Grandma Adams. I met them and they are really nice too. They gave me a train that your Grandpa made! You will have an Aunt Kristy and Uncle Matt. They can give you the scoop on that side of the family. I have an Uncle Matt too.

No comments:

Post a Comment