Monday, June 6, 2011

28 Week Midwife Appt

The midwife appointment went great! She felt around on my belly to find out how Baby Girl is positioned. Good news – she is head down already! Her legs are on my upper right side, which explains why I always feel her kicking me there!!! That’s the place we can see my belly move too, which is so funny! We listened to Baby’s heartbeat, which I always love!!!!! It’s such a cool sound! When the midwife was feeling my stomach, she pushed on Baby’s legs and Baby Girl gave her a nice strong kick!!! The midwife quickly pulled her hands back and said, “Oh! She didn’t like that!” It was really funny! She says it’s a great sign that Baby is so active – means she is getting all the nutrients and oxygen that she needs! Great to hear!

I got lucky and they decided to schedule me for one more ultrasound. Normally I wouldn’t get to have another, but since both of mine were in the US, they want to do one here. If I would happen to be really late, they will induce me at 10 days past the due date. For that, they would need an ultrasound here to use to determine the “scan due date” so they’ll know when that 10 day mark will be. So lucky for us, we get to have an ultrasound on July 5th! And even better news – we managed to get the appointment at Wexham Park Hospital!!! Hooray!!! That means we can walk there instead of paying expensive taxi fares and it won’t take too much time out of Phillip’s work day! Sweet!!!! Looking forward to July 5th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment