Five years ago today I married my best friend! I still have a hard time believing how lucky we are to have found each other! God is so good!!!! Our wedding day was perfect!!! It was a wonderful day of celebrating with family and friends! I can’t believe it has been 5 years! Where did the time go?!? We went out to dinner tonight with friends. We went to the Red Lion – the only restaurant within walking distance! It was fun!
There are 9 AUC students here doing clinicals at Wexham Park Hospital now!!!!! That is so hard to believe since there were only a couple in the beginning. 6 of them came over Tuesday evening and we ordered pizza!!! (Papa John’s has buy one get one free on Tuesdays!!!) We ordered 4 pizzas for the 8 of us to share. It worked out great and was only 3 Pounds, 50 Pence per person that way – not bad! We had a lot of fun talking and hanging out!
Wednesday evening, we went with 2 doctors and 3 other AUC students to see a movie - Hangover 2! The 2 doctors both have cars, so we didn’t even have to take a taxi for once!!!! The movie was dumb, but funny! We had a good time!
I keep meaning to blog about how green England is and I keep forgetting! By green – I mean good to the environment. It is super easy to recycle here! There are huge bins by the trash bins and they make it really easy! You can put glass, plastic, and cardboard all in the same bin. I love recycling here! The hospitals and a lot of businesses do their part too – but in a weird way! Lots of big buildings don’t heat hallways and common areas! At the hospitals, only patient areas are actually heated! That was weird in the winter because you’d get cold in the halls and then it would seem hot in the patient areas! But it saved electricity!! Grocery stores here all have club cards where you get credit for your purchases (like CVS has cards at home). Here, the points accumulate for 3 months. Then you get a statement in the mail. Your points were traded in for coupons off your next purchase. It’s a neat program! Anyway, you get extra points on your card for each reusable shopping bag that you use! It’s a great way to get people to remember their bags! They also sell bags for like 40 pence each, which is a really good deal! The reusable bags come in handy a lot – I even use them to put all of our recyclables in so that it’s easier to carry them out to the bin! Most public restrooms only have hand dryers – paper towels are wasteful, so they are not an option! Toilet paper in public restrooms doesn’t usually come on a large roll. It is already separated into sections. So when you pull out toilet paper, you only get a section with 2 squares. Of course, nothing stops people from taking multiple sections…but I bet people do use less this way! In grocery stores at home, lots of things come in plastic containers. Plastic is very rare here. All the containers are glass since glass is easier to reuse. Neat!
No comments:
Post a Comment