Two months from today is our due date!!!!! We are getting so excited! We laugh and joke about things all the time…it helps make the pregnancy fun! Baby Girl kicks all the time now! She kicks so hard that my belly moves and sometimes it really startles me! I will gasp or say “OW” and Phillip thinks it’s sooooo funny! He cheers her on! We have to laugh at her timing sometimes too. For example – she started kicking like crazy when Serena Williams won a Wimbledon match that we were watching one day. I said she was cheering with us! Hehe! Phillip told me last week that my belly is huge! He also told me that same evening that I’m starting to waddle now! Hahaha! No, he wasn’t being mean! And no, I wasn’t offended! We just laugh about it together. We are so excited about this baby and have been joking the whole time about my growing belly. I also bump into things with my belly sometimes, which is totally amusing to both of us! We’ve waited a long time to have a baby and we might as well laugh and enjoy every second while we’re waiting for her to arrive!
Speaking of being pregnant, I’ve really tried to be good with my eating habits. We buy tons of fresh fruit and veggies each week! I drink mainly water and milk, sometimes juice. Kool aid is a splurge for me! It’s a treat to have a glass of kool aid! Haha! I very rarely drink soda – that’s a major treat. If I do, it’s always caffeine free. It’s harder when we’re out and about on the weekends of course. Our typical food is McDonalds (cheap and fast). We figure we burn off all the food calories because of how much we walk in a day! I never order soda there either. We realized quickly that water costs the same as a soda though, so I didn’t like doing that either. We always keep water bottles with us in our backpacks while we’re out. I have learned to take an extra one for lunch! Saves money and keeps me from buying soda (which is just too tempting when you know it’s the same price as water!) I always take fruit with me too, especially when we travel somewhere for the weekend! That way I can make sure to get some healthy foods even when we have no choice but to eat out a lot!
Phillip is still coughing from that stupid cold that started almost 2 weeks ago! On Wednesday, I got the stupid cold too!!!! UGH!!! Everyone around here has had it lately, so it’s no surprise…but that still doesn’t make it any better! I drank a lot of hot water with honey and lemon juice in it…great for a sore throat!!!! I’m starting to cough lots more the past couple of days though, which is not fun!!! We have good meds here that we brought from home, but I can’t have any of them! So I’ve been drinking lots of water and juice and sucking on peppermints and cough drops! Phillip definitely had the cold worse than me, but I’m just hoping mine doesn’t turn into that terrible cough that I usually get each year! Sure hope we both get over this soon!!!
Yesterday, Phillip and I walked to the little Tesco. It’s a little over a mile away. It was 81 degrees (hottest day of the year so far). Carrying our groceries back was seriously not much fun and it felt like 100 degrees instead of 81! Guess that’s to be expected when you’re 31 weeks pregnant! ;-) Phillip was super sweet though and took all the heavy stuff…he had it way worse than I did, that’s for sure!!! The whole rest of the day was miserable in our apartment too! The temp INSIDE our apartment was in the mid 80’s. We do have one fan, but it doesn’t really help that much! We opened the windows and a little breeze could get in at least. We were just so hot!!! Today is even hotter, yuck! Right now, it is 84 degrees outside and 86 inside! UGH! This is unusual though and it’s supposed to cool off tomorrow!!! Sure hope so!!! (No place around here has air conditioning and most places don’t have fans! They just don’t have that much hot weather usually!)
We didn’t do much this weekend. Phillip studied most of the weekend and I enjoyed being lazy and reading a book!!!! I bought a couple of books (half price) last weekend and am LOVING having something to read! I absolutely love to read, just haven’t had enough time to read much over the past several years!
I’ve really enjoyed something else over the past week too…WIMBLEDON!!!! I turned on our 13 inch TV for the first time last Monday and have had it on every day since then! I absolutely love watching Venus and Serena Williams play tennis!!! I have watched each of their matches so far…and I mean I am basically glued to the TV while they play. For those of you who know me well, you know that it is really strange for me to watch TV! Before we moved here, I was addicted to CSI, but other than that, I never watched TV! But when they play, I’m stuck there. There’s just something about those girls that I love and admire. (Wish I could play like them!!!) When we took the Wimbledon tour a few weeks ago, we heard a story about how patient Serena is and that she always signs autographs for kids!!! That made me like her that much more! Watching so much tennis really makes me miss playing tennis though!!!
Ok, Serena’s 4th round Wimbledon match is getting ready to start – so I’m outta here! ;-)
Pounds, it's so fun to read about your adventures and I'm excited for you and Phillip and the baby girl. Have fun!
ReplyDelete