The National Gallery
Theresa and me at Garfunkel's for lunch
Theresa and me at the National Gallery
30 weeks pregnant!!!
Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful Dad!!!! Wish I could be there with you to celebrate today! I love you Dad!
Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful Father-To-Be also! I know Phillip is going to be a terrific daddy and I absolutely can’t wait to see Baby Girl in his arms!!! :-)
Tuesday evening, we ordered pizza with the other AUC students. Gotta love buy one get one free day! We all went to Ricky’s for dinner. It was neat for me to be able to see his flat. (Phillip had been there before, but I never had.) The other students all live in the same type of flats. There are 4 bedrooms, so each person gets their own. They each have a twin bed. The 4 people share bathrooms - There is one half bath, one bathroom with a tub, and a shower closet that just has a shower stall. The 4 people also share a kitchen area that has a table with 4 chairs and a coffee table with 3 chairs around it. It was very interesting! Dorm style living. The thing that seems the weirdest to me is that the roommates may not be students. Single doctors and nurses live in these also. Visiting doctors also stay in these for short term visits. So you never know at any given time who you might see in your kitchen or bathroom. I think that would be weird!!! Several of them have also had problems with others eating their food since they all share a kitchen. I would NOT like that! The flat wasn’t bad by any means, but it still makes me grateful for our flat!!
Phillip woke up Wednesday with a cold…yuck! Lots of people at the hospital have had it lately. Thanks to Dayquil and Nyquil (which we brought here with us), Phillip was still able to go to work the rest of the week, but was totally worn out by the time evening came!
He was ready to get out of the house for awhile on Saturday though, which worked out great because Theresa (a friend from college) was in London!!! I was really excited to see her! We met her at the National Gallery, a free museum that we all wanted to see. We had fun wandering through the museum. It was neat because Theresa teaches an Art History class and was able to tell us some neat info about a bunch of the paintings! After the museum, we went to Garfunkel’s for lunch…yum!!! It was a fun day! Phillip and I left mid afternoon and headed back to Slough to go grocery shopping. We spent way too much time and money in Tesco!!! We stocked up on all the basics again though, which is always great to have done!
I’m afraid I have a new pregnancy symptom!!! (Unfortunately, leg cramps are common during the 3rd trimester!) I had a terrible leg cramp that woke me up Friday morning! My calf muscle is still sore from that!! I even had a hard time sleeping Friday night because it hurt so bad that it would wake me up whenever I moved! So I didn’t get much sleep Friday night! (I had a leg cramp last month too and my leg was sore, but only for one day. I can’t believe how long it is lasting this time!)
Yesterday put me at 30 weeks pregnant!!!! I was very excited to get to that 30 week mark! 10 weeks (ish) to go…I prefer to look at it that way now!!!! We’re getting there!
Phillip is studying today. I went for a walk this morning. (I usually like to go in the afternoons when it’s a little warmer, but it’s a good thing I went early today because now it is raining AGAIN!!!) It sure has rained a lot lately! Guess that’s normal for here though. I was thinking during my walk how funny it is to be wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt on June 19th and still be chilly!!! It was very windy and I probably should have worn a sweatshirt!! We do have bright sunny days in the mid 60’s or around 70 sometimes, but more often than not, it’s around 60 with rain and wind lately! It makes me wonder if summer will come and go without it ever feeling like summer really arrived!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment