We thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of our “funny money.” There first bill is 20 Pounds and the second (smaller) bill is 5 Pounds. The coins from left to right are: 2 Pounds, 1 Pound, 50 Pence, 20 Pence, 10 Pence, 5 Pence, 2 Pence, and 1 Penny. Notice the 5 Pence looks like our dime! The 2 Pence is bigger than the 1, 5, 10, and 20 Pence. These are just weird!!! We finally realized the 2 Pound is trimmed in gold and the 1 Pound is gold. The Pence have no gold, so that helps a little anyway! The change is difficult for me though!
Phillip enjoyed the first week of his surgery rotation! He got to see lots of patients and even some surgeries!!! I won’t ever be putting many details on the blog, but he is certainly enjoying it! :-)
I did make a little progress with finding a doctor. A doctor that Phillip works with actually recommended her GP (General Practitioner) for us. I did some reading today and it sounds like the GP sees you at first and then you see a midwife for most of the rest of the visits. I may have to go to the actual hospital for ultrasounds though. Anyway, I called the GP’s office today – good news, they are taking new patients and will take us! Bad news – we have to go there to fill out paperwork before they will even schedule my first appointment. We’re going to try to go Monday when Phillip gets off work. They are open till 6:30pm Mon - Fri, which is great!
Today after work, we met up with Ricky, Ao, and Pat (other AUC students at the hospital) and went to the Red Lion for dinner. It’s just a couple blocks away. It’s a neat little Pub, with a restaurant section and a bar section. Phillip and I shared a margherita pizza (cheese with tomato slices) and an appetizer…Belgian frites with mayonnaise. That’s right…French fries with mayo on top. People here don’t use ketchup for fries, they use mayo! Strange. There was even cinnamon sprinkled on top of the mayo. Soooo odd, but actually not bad. Phillip had an apple cider drink (pictured at top) that he loved! It smelled awesome, but a smell is all I get these days!! ;-)
I love hearing all about your adventures! Tell Phillip to have a pint for me:) If you go traveling while there--particularly Ireland, you must take pictures and post. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your time in England.
ReplyDelete