Monday, March 28, 2011

Midwife Appointment Today

We went to the doctor’s office for my first appointment today! I actually just saw the midwife. She said you don’t typically see the doctor here unless there is a problem. We got to hear Baby’s heartbeat and everything sounded great! What a relief!!!!! I must admit I feel so much better after hearing that. I am constantly questioning things (I think because of the miscarriage last time) such as - am I eating right, getting enough(or too much on weekends) exercise, gaining the right amount of weight, etc. I know…I worry too much! Anyway, I have to share a story. About a week ago, I was laying in bed praying at night, asking God to let everything be ok with Baby. Right after asking Him that, I felt Baby move for the first time!!! I was totally relieved that night! I thanked God for the sign, and went right to sleep!!! I started questioning myself the next couple of days though because it was a very faint movement and I was afraid I could have imagined it. But sure enough – I’ve felt it a few more times now. The midwife believes I am definitely feeling Baby move. She said it’s always really faint in the beginning. Neato!!!!

I didn’t get to have an ultrasound, but they are trying to schedule one for me around week 20. So I guess we have to wait a couple more weeks to find out if Baby Adams is a boy or a girl! That means you still have time, so go to the previous blog for the link if you still want to vote! :-)

A funny story now about the way they talk over here. Things are just so different! For example, when we went to the doctor’s office a couple weeks ago to make my appointment, they gave me a little jar for a urine sample. They wanted me to bring it with me to the appointment. Ok, that was strange anyway, because usually they just have you do that at the doctor’s office in the US!!!! Anyway, when I took it with me today, they were glad I brought my “Wee Sample” along! Hahaha!!! (Some of the other strange phrases all have to do with the same topic – waterworks and opened your bowels are how they refer to those topics! Oh, and front passage and back passage.) Ok, sorry about the topic of conversation, but we just think it’s really funny!

I haven’t had time yet to blog about the weekend, but I will soon. We have a lot of pictures from this past weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you are feeling the baby move :) It is such a relief :) I didn't feel Hudson until after 20 weeks but around 16 with Lilly. Cant wait to hear if its a boy or girl :)

    ReplyDelete