Sunday, March 20, 2011

London

Phillip and I went into London again yesterday. I was sick the last few days with a stupid cold, so we didn’t want to do too much and wear me out, but still wanted to get out. We just walked slower and enjoyed the sights, but still had a busy day! We took a taxi to Slough, then took a train to London, then took the Subway to the different stops we wanted to see. I’ll try to explain under each picture and see if that works…


Crazy long escalator in subway station


St. Paul’s Cathedral – so neat! We want to go in one of these days!!!!


Shakespear’s Globe Theater


Millennium Bridge – built just for people to walk over. It is definitely used a lot!!!!


Millennium Bridge again


Phillip loved the dragon! London has dragons at several points to guard the city!


Just a cool view – I love all of the walkways by the River Thames.


I couldn’t resist having my picture taken with a dolphin sign! (I guess some things really never change…)


The London Eye up close! Can’t wait to ride this one day!!! It moves really slow so it doesn’t have to stop to let people on and off. I think each of the carts holds like 30 people. Crazy!


Phillip seriously thinks I need to buy a hat while we’re here!


Sherlock Holmes Museum


Subway Stop for Sherlock Holmes


Cool view of the crazy huge train station


Pound World – I think they named this store after me!!! (hehehe, we really did find some bargains in here though…everything is one Pound!)



We ate lunch at Planet Hollywood. We shared a margarita (cheese with tomatoes) pizza so we could have a cheap lunch for once! We had McDonalds for dinner, which made me super happy. I crave McDonalds cheeseburgers. That is so funny because I never really eat much red meat, yet I just can’t get enough of these cheeseburgers the last few weeks. I guess Baby likes meat!!! (Ricky thinks that means it’s a boy????) After dinner, we went to Sainsbury’s to grocery shop. Sainsbury’s is in Slough also. It’s a lot like Tesco. We think it has a wider variety of things, but not as many different brands/choices of each thing. Very different. I guess you could compare Tesco and Sainsbury’s to Walmart and Target at home maybe!

Today, we walked to Slough with Ricky. It was about a 45-50 minute walk to get there!!! We went in a few shops there and goofed off for a little while. Then we went to Tesco so Ricky could get a few groceries, and walked back home! Good exercise, but we certainly couldn’t do that while carrying very many groceries!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Pounds store--you are certainly keeping busy and visiting so many places. It looks like great fun; have a great time and hope you feel better soon. Thanks for blogging; it's fun to see.

    ReplyDelete