Wow, I’ve been slacking on the blog lately…just too busy I guess!
Thursday afternoon, I met Melissa and her 4 kids at their apartment complex and we went to the beach together! There’s a little tiny section of beach that you can only get to from their apartment complex! It was so neat…we were the only ones there! I absolutely love those kids…we had so much fun playing in the waves and in the sand! I haven’t been that sandy the whole time I’ve been here. (It was great!)
Yesterday morning, I picked up Alicia’s mom (who is here visiting for a couple weeks) and we went snorkeling at Little Bay for sand dollars! We found a bunch of them! This is a pretty cool new hobby! Thank goodness Vicki spotted that first one or we would have never known to even search for them! We saw a huge starfish too! It was bright orange and so neat to watch! I didn’t wanna mess with the underwater camera, so didn’t take it. Boy, did I regret that when we saw that starfish!!! Dang! (I just took a pic of the sand dollars! Notice how I have almost completely bleached the once green washcloth while bleaching the sand dollars! Hilarious!)
There was a “Shipwreck Shop” at the resort there. This is a chain of little shops around here. We went in looking to see if we could find Heineken Regatta stuff on sale. Supposedly as time goes on, you can find the clothes super cheap. They were sold out of everything but hats! Sure enough, they were only $6.50. I got one for Phillip! I also got him a Pirana Joe hat, which was 50% off! It’s cool! He has discovered lately that he likes wearing a hat when he studies at school because it helps block his view so he isn’t as distracted by people. So he was especially excited about them!!! (I really like both of these hats too! I told him they were for us to share! He looked at me like I was crazy and said, “You don’t wear hats!” I really don’t wear them often at all…but these are really cool! I might have to borrow them to wear sometime! Hehe!) I just took pics of the Pirana Joe hat. Notice the little orange fish hanging down from the side of the hat! Funny!!! Phillip is wearing the Heineken Regatta hat, so I can’t take a pic of it at the moment. I’ll try to remember to take one of it another time!
We picked up McDonald’s on the way home and met Phillip and Alicia at school. We had lunch together on a picnic table on campus. It was really nice! It was super windy though, so we had to hold onto our food!!!
I was really busy today! I baked blueberry muffins this morning for the Spouses Org bake sale. I HATE my mini oven! How in the world, when you bake 12 muffins in a pan, can 6 turn out perfect and 6 of them burn on the bottom??? That shouldn’t happen! Well, the SO paid for this mix so I didn’t just wanna show up with 6 muffins! I had stuff here to make cupcakes, so decided to make those and replace the 6 muffins with 6 of my cupcakes. I figured Phillip would be excited to have extra cupcakes around here anyway! (Oh, I just sliced the very bottom, burnt part, off of the muffins though and they are great that way! So they won’t be wasted…just weren’t good enough to sell!)
I was really cutting it close on time by the time I did all that this morning, because I had to be there by noon. I had signed up to work the sale from 12:00 – 3:00. There were only two of us there at first and we were super busy! It was insane!!!! (We sell burritos, snacks, and drinks.) The line was crazy long! I was taking orders, grabbing drinks from the cooler, and working the money box. Kathy was unwrapping burritos, sticking them on a plate, microwaving them, and handing them to people waiting! It got crazy, trying to keep track of who got what burrito! After the initial long line died down, it wasn’t so bad. A couple others showed up around 12:30 to help out also. We stayed pretty busy most of the time though! At least it made the time go fast! (Oh and my goodies sold out FAST!)
This evening, I met Phillip, Nick, and Emily at Pizza Dan’s. Phillip and I always each get our own pizza because we love having leftovers for a couple of days! Nick and Emily each got their own too. It must have been pretty funny to see four people sitting there, each eating their own pizza! I bet we looked like total pigs!!!! I bet Pizza Dan was happy though!
I only mentioned the fun stuff from the past few days…but all of the gaps can be filled in with studying. Phillip has studied nonstop and I’ve studied quite a bit. I did finally finish reading that long section, and now I need to write a couple of papers!!!
Oh, I almost forgot…the water heater died again today!!!!! I was SO MAD! I emailed our landlord and very bluntly asked if we could have a new one put in since fixing this one obviously wasn’t working. He probably won’t be thrilled about that, but I am sooooooo fed up with this! Last time, we went 3 weeks with cold water! Completely ridiculous!
No comments:
Post a Comment