I went to school yesterday morning to do laundry. Ugh! I hate laundry days. It seriously just about kills me to pay $6.00 a load. I really miss the washer and dryer we bought with wedding money! They are being stored in my parents’ garage. I want them back! ;-)
I studied some in the afternoon, then went to church with Julia and Camille again. I think the three of us will always go together the day before exams…I like this tradition. Another spouse and her 2 kids went also and sat right behind us. It was kind of funny…we were all “husbandless” as Camille said. Our men were all busy studying!!! We stopped at Subway again after church and I took it to school and had dinner there with Phillip. We love this Sunday Subway tradition!
Tropical Storm Ana came through last night! Ana actually ended up going South a little, so we were not in the direct path! Nice!!! However, it stormed big time…the rain was so hard, it woke us both up! (I hardly ever wake up for storms, so it had to be raining REALLY HARD to wake me! Ha!) One of my friends works in the library on campus. It stays open till 2am for finals! She had to walk home in the pouring down rain at 2am!! She said she “ran barefoot in the tropical storm!” WOW! Today was the first day of school at CIA (the school that I sub at). Well, all of the island schools were closed today, because of Ana! So the first day of school was cancelled!!!! Turns out, they would have been fine…it was just really windy this morning, but otherwise it was all over! We kind of joked about it that at home we have snow days and here they have hurricane days! Wow, life is different!!!
This morning, Phillip had a 2.5 hour exam for MCB! (molecular and cell biology) It covered everything from semester one and two!!!! He was super happy when it was over and cannot wait for his 2 exams tomorrow morning to be over! He studied for those the rest of the day! I studied most of the day as well. I also registered for another class! Fun stuff!
Phillip took a picture of my arm this afternoon. It doesn’t show up great, but I have the biggest bruise on my arm! I’m embarrassed to tell you what I did, but it’s so funny that I have to! I RAN INTO A WALL!!!! Seriously, who does that?!?!? (Our kitchen gets REALLY hot, so I finally gave in and put a big rotating fan in the kitchen doorway. It takes up 2/3 of the doorway, so it’s kind of a pain to get in and out now! Well, I moved over to avoid the fan and obviously moved over too far, because my shoulder slammed into the door frame. OUCH!!!!)
“Clip” came to visit again this evening! She is the cutest kitten! We were not sure about the name originally, but I think Clip might have to stick now. I've been calling her that for a few days and it has kind of grown on me. Clip is so funny...she's totally scared of people still and is just learning to trust me. I cannot make any sudden movements around her or she takes off and runs back down the stairs. But once I'm petting her and she calms down, she loves it! She absolutely loves attention...sooooo sweet! Phillip's parents brought some cat toys for Garfield. Garfield kind of likes them now that she is use to them...did not know what to think about them at first at all! Well, there's a little white mouse that we just leave on the balcony now and Garf plays with it sometimes. I tried to get Clip to play with it this evening. She took one look at it and took off running down the steps...was terrified of it! Too funny!
We have something really exciting planned for break! I am going to get certified for scuba diving! I am super excited and also pretty nervous, I must admit! Phillip has wanted me to do this for a LONG time! He LOVES diving!!!!! I’m pretty sure I will love it too once I just force myself to do it! Ha! Two of our friends (Alicia and Becky) are going to get certified with me! I’m very excited that we’re doing it together! It is a three day course. Day one, we learn about the equipment and practice in a pool, I think. Days 2 and 3, we actually go on a real dive! They are letting Phillip come for the dives on days 2 and 3! Hooray! He can’t wait! We chose the first three days they had available over break, which just happened to be August 22, 23, and 25. That means my first real dive will be on my birthday! I think that’s pretty cool!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment