I finally took a picture of the Heineken Regatta hat I got for Phillip last week!
Monday morning was Block 4…which means Phillip had an exam in all three classes! He was so happy when it was over! He was ready to goof off!!!! We played some games on the Wii! That may not sound that exciting, but it was a real treat! We hardly ever make time for things like that! Then we left here around 5:00pm and went to McDonalds for dinner! We wanted something quick because we were headed to the Caribbean Cinemas to see Harry Potter at 6:20! We were so happy to finally get to see this movie! It was killing me when it came out in the US before it did here! But then when it did finally come here, we were too busy! So we enjoyed our day of goofing off! (It was our first time going to a movie here!!!)
Yesterday, Phillip was back to studying already! His finals are next Monday and Tuesday. I wrote a paper, which took me forever! Not sure why, but I had a really hard time finding sources for this paper, so it took way longer than it should have! I was very excited when I finished it!
There has been a kitten hanging around our balcony the past few days. Not very little anymore, but we’re pretty sure it’s fairly young. It is so cute! (Garfield hasn’t been here much lately and we found out the reason! One of Phillip’s professors, who lives in our apartment complex, loves Garfield! She and her husband feed Garfield and even let her inside! So I can’t really blame Garf…I’d choose them over us too! Oh, but they call her Carrot! That silly cat has so many names!) Anyway, this new kitten is so funny! It wouldn’t have anything to do with us for awhile, then all of a sudden, came over and rammed her head into my hand! It was hilarious! After that, she let me pet her. But she’s very skiddish…kept running off, then running back to see me again! She loved to headbutt my hand! Too funny! Phillip said one of their cats always did that too! Hilarious! Anyway, this little cat needs a name. Any suggestions? (I’ve starting calling her Clip because the top of her right ear is clipped off! Wonder what happened to her? But I’m not sure if we’re stuck on that name yet…) We wonder if this could be the sister of that kitten from awhile back…the one we called Ears!
This morning, I went grocery shopping! There are some possible hurricanes coming our way, so we figured maybe we should stock up! There is a possibility of a bad one coming near us Sunday night/Monday morning. It looks like it won’t hit us, so hopefully it doesn’t change direction! There were a couple of other tropical storms that we’ve been watching online lately. A couple of websites are http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml and http://www.stormpulse.com/2009-hurricane-season if you’d like to track them! The little yellow one that you see is pretty much right on us now! It stormed a ton this evening! (I went to the pool to study after grocery shopping! I was floating on a raft, my favorite way to read! That worked great for about an hour, till it started raining! I ran under an umbrella and had to scoot way down on the chair so I could still read without getting my book wet! So it rained on my feet! Hehe! I didn’t last too long in the rain till I gave up on the pool and headed back home.)
I was glad to see the electricity was back on! (It went off right before I left for the pool though, so good timing at least!) It started raining harder and harder! Pretty soon, we had tons of thunder and lightning!!! Crazy! That is rare here! I’ve only seen/heard it one other time! It got really dark and was absolutely pouring down rain! Crazy storm!!!!
I bought some goofy soda today! It’s “OK, Kola Champagne.” Interesting name! Sure sounded odd…I couldn’t help it, I love trying weird things! So I had one for lunch and I LOVE it! So far, both weird sodas I’ve tried here have been a success! The first was pineapple soda! It was good too, but this one is great!
I had some wonderful news today! Most of you have probably heard me talk about dolphin therapy at some point. I discovered dolphin therapy during college and it has been my dream job ever since! It is therapy, in the water with dolphins, for special needs kids! Well I hadn’t looked at their website for a long time, so I was checking it out a couple weeks ago and saw that they still have internship positions open for 2010! Hmmmm…So I started reading about it and got more and more interested. I talked it over with Phillip and we decided I should go for it! I’ll never have another chance like this one! So I applied! I found out today that I got it!!!! I am SO EXCITED! I will be volunteering at Island Dolphin Care in Key Largo, Florida from March 1 – March 26! Another exciting adventure! This seems like it was meant to be…it’s funny how things just seem to fall into place sometimes. God is so good!!! Here’s the website if you want to check it out!
www.islanddolphincare.org
Hey! Your little kitten looks like a mini-Simon! She could be adopted into the Naviaux family. Well, since Simon (Simon & Garfunkel) is taken, and Garfunkel isn't a girl name, and Otis Redding and Billie Holiday are also gone, I dub your kitty Ella, for Ella Fitzgerald.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Dad told me some crazy version of your dolphin therapy--congrads! He thought you were going there for school like for several years, so I'll clear it up for him. That'll be a good March to look foward to!