HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!! I sure wish I could have been in Tell City to celebrate with you today! I love you!
Last night, I did something completely random! I went OUT! Ok, that’s pretty much unheard of…I NEVER go out. Actually, it’s very rare that I’m even outside of our apartment at all after dark (which is 7:00pm by the way). However, I discovered something awesome thanks to facebook yesterday. A TC friend had posted that he was watching Aaron Riley fight on pay per view!!!! I walked to the casino (before dark) to check and YES they were planning to show the UFC fights starting at 10:00pm. A friend’s boyfriend is in town visiting and was looking for things to do while she was studying. So I asked if he’d wanna go. He was excited about it too! He picked me up at 9:45 (so I wouldn’t have to go there alone) and we headed to the casino, got a beer, and got good seats. There were actually a few of Phillip’s classmates there watching too, so it was fun to see them. The first 2 fights were long, but the 3rd one only took like 30 seconds! Crazy! Aaron’s fight was the 4th fight. It went the full 3 rounds and the judges unanimously decided Aaron won! Sweet!!! It was a great fight to watch and it was so neat to see Aaron on TV! I went to high school with Aaron by the way. I first saw him fight during high school and have enjoyed watching him ever since. He used to fight in Evansville and I would go then…that was during my college years. I haven’t seen him in a long time. We left as soon as Aaron’s fight was over. It was a fun night! (And the guys were pretty impressed that I knew Aaron!!!)
I had a good start to my day! I played tennis with Chris this morning!!! He’s pretty good too! I had to work pretty hard to win! ;-) He was running me all over that court and I was sweating up a storm. But I felt great afterwards…had an absolute blast AND got a great workout! I miss tennis so much! That’s probably the second thing I hate the most about being here to be honest. (The first is being away from family.) However, I was very excited to discover that I haven’t lost as many tennis skills as I figured I would have in the past few months without playing! So I was pretty excited about that! Tennis puts me in a fabulous mood!!!!
I went to church in Simpson Bay this evening. Julia and Camille came with me! Sure is nice to have friends! We stopped at Subway on the way home. After dropping those 2 off, I went to school to have dinner with Phillip. He likes when I deliver subs to school for him! :-)
Phillip has been busy studying all weekend! Block 4 is tomorrow morning!!!! Good luck, Phillip!
No comments:
Post a Comment