Yesterday morning, while Phillip was taking his finals, I drove to Grande Case to pick up the scuba diving books for Alicia, Becky, and me. They are big books! Yikes, I was hoping for a quick read, but this is like a textbook and is 250 pages long! It’s going to take me forever to read!!! I came home and got right to work on a paper that I really wanted to have finished by the time Phillip got home from exams. I had just finished it when I saw him walking up our stairs…good timing! He was worn out from not sleeping much the past two nights, but quickly grew quite HYPER once it hit him that exams were really over! It was so nice to see him so excited…I miss that! (He’s usually too busy studying.) We goofed off most of the day, then went to the movies last night! Tuesday is AUC night, and the movie theater gives us a good deal…it’s only $4.00 on Tuesdays! Nice!!! ($6.50 normally, which really isn’t that bad either though.) We went to see GI Joe…Phillip had really been wanting to see it! I can’t exactly say that I was looking forward to it, but it actually turned out to be a really good movie! He thought it was great that I liked it after all!!! :-) (I think he enjoyed teasing me about it too…)
This morning, we went to Marigot to the fort! There were over 100 steps to the top…but what a beautiful view! We had fun exploring, taking pictures, and just spending time together! Fabulous!!! We were starving when we left the fort! On the way home, we stopped at Sarafina’s. It’s a French bakery. Everyone absolutely loves this place, but we had never been yet. We got a couple of fresh baked pastries with chocolate inside (Phillip loves those!!!), a crescent roll, and some smaller rolls to make turkey sandwiches for lunch. It was delicious!!! We loved the box that the rolls came in, so we had to take a pic to show you all! I’m also posting pictures of some of the other pastries and cakes that Sarafina’s was selling…aren’t they pretty????
The electricity went out after lunch! We were planning to head to the pool anyway, so it wasn’t too terrible. Phillip is reading Twilight for the third time! (Ok, well actually it’s taking him 3 different attempts…he started it on the flight here in December, got too busy with classes to finish it, read a little more in April, again got too busy with classes to finish it, and is now attempting to finally finish it!) So we floated on rafts and read. I was reading my dive book! Besides cooking dinner and washing dishes, reading is all I did the rest of the day. I’m a little over 1/3 done with it…so lots more reading the next 2 days! Several kids came to pool as soon as school was out! It was too loud to read, so we headed back to the apartment! When we got back, the electricity was back on and the clock was flashing 12:04…which means the electricity had come on four minutes before! Wow, we were lucky!!!!
Hurricane Bill should pass by us tonight. Thank goodness (God was looking out for us again!!!), Bill went farther North of us. It looks like it’s approximately 300 miles away! Bill is now a Hurricane 4 and would have caused sooooo much damage if it had come straight through here! We are still expecting storms tonight though…anxious to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment