Yesterday was another study day! I did take a break for awhile though and goofed off at the pool with Julia! That was fun! I went to church in Simpson Bay…by myself. I have to admit, it was difficult for me to go for some reason. I had no problem going alone at home, but here is a little different! But as soon as I got there, I was so glad I did! It just makes me feel better! I truly enjoy being at this church…there’s just something about it that I can’t even explain! After church, Father Manuel was standing outside to shake people’s hands. When he shook my hand, he told me that he liked my cross!!! He was referring to the sea glass necklace that I had made! I was so excited about that compliment!
I picked up Subway again on the way home from church. We really like this Sunday evening tradition. I took it to school and we ate there. It was delicious!!!
Alicia and her mom went to Anguilla Saturday. Since the stores were all closed when we went (since it was a Sunday), Alicia bought a shot glass for us! We were so excited to have it! Phillip loves to get a shot glass everywhere we go and he was really disappointed when he couldn’t get one there. Alicia to the rescue! :-)
I was headed upstairs last night to turn on the airco for a little while before we went to bed. It’s so much easier to fall asleep when we cool the loft off first. On the way up, I was putting my hand on the rail, and actually screamed when something moved right before I put my hand down! There was another baby lizard!!!! (I guess it could have been the same one, since we don’t know if the last one got out or not. The tail looked longer on this one though, so I think it was different!) Phillip was cracking up that I screamed. I wasn’t scared of it…it just scared me when something moved about 2 inches from my hand!!!!!! I made him get me a piece of paper…I was hoping the lizard would climb onto the paper and I could take it outside. Phillip handed me the church bulletin…the thick paper of it actually really helped. The plan worked perfectly. Phillip even took a couple of pics once we were standing outside on the balcony! Cute little guy!
We both studied pretty much all day today…boring, I know! I thought I was going to have to go to school to study this morning. The electricity went off and it was so hot! I changed clothes and was packing up my stuff to leave when the electricity came back on! So I changed back into comfy clothes and studied here for awhile. And then the electricity went off AGAIN. I was hoping it wouldn’t be off long like the first time, so I kept studying here. Well, it was almost time for Phillip to come home for lunch and still no electricity. So I decided to head to school after all. My plan was to pick up lunch at the coffee shop since I couldn’t really fix lunch here. I’ve done that a couple other times when electricity is out. So I changed clothes again, packed my backpack, packed a drink for each of us, put on my backpack, grabbed my purse, and was reaching for the keys when the electricity came back on. GEEZ!!!!! So I changed back into my comfy clothes and started fixing lunch…
The water went out this evening! So that’s electricity twice today and water once…lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment